Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
grief over accident
WillsMom05 posted:
hi i was in a fatal car accident on jan 12,2012 my mother in law did not survive the police are not sure how or why i did but i was driving there was no other reason except roads were icy and snow covered my husband has been awesome help even though it was his mom i just don't know how to deal with this the last thing she said was my name
i refuse 2 drive anymore i will not go out if it even blowing snow any one have any suggestions? we cleaning her apartment out tomorrow my father in law is moving today !

Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear WillsMom,

I am so sorry for what happened and the loss you're dealing with.

Please understand that this is a VERY recent event and it is going to take time to process it all and heal. I hope you and your husband are supporting one another, that you reach out for more support among friends and family, and if you need further support, consider getting some individual therapy. This is a hard thing to process so please be patient and gentle with yourself.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have lost too many people in my life to count but the 2 that have affected me the most are my older brother who died in 2004 at the age of 32 and my...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.