Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Stroke life expectancy
An_244156 posted:
Hello. My Mom has had a series of mini strokes. She has left side neglect and has been slowly deteriorating for the last year. These past 2 weeks she can no longer stand on her own and can't walk even with help. How long do most wheelchair bound people with this condition live?

wifeofnamvet responded:
An_244156..I am sorry to hear of your moms illness..I am not a counselor or expert of any kind.. but I don't think you can put a time on any type of illness because everyone is different with the way they heal....but your love and support will comfort your mom and help you get through the days ahead....I wish you the best...

Spotlight: Member Stories

All I can say about myself is that I am 50yrs. of age and just experienced the greatest losses of my life. I have made alot of wrong turns in the ro...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.