Skip to content
Loss of father
niteflier posted:
Having a down day and wishing I could see or speak to my father again. I would have opened up more to him.....whom am I kidding. I probably would not have the nerve now, as I didn't then, to talk freely with him. Strange, his family (my step family) said they never had that problem. i.e. he was easy to talk to, gave them advice and positive feedback.....He acted the opposite with me and my siblings, he was very judgmental - only had negative things to say to us - about how we looked or didn't have a 'worthy' jobs, etc. Perhaps this is part of the grief process or another excuse for feeling like I do. I am an outsider not only in life but family as well - by choice - do not know how to communicate with others.
Niteflier

Spotlight: Member Stories

looking for some place to go to help the pain I feel after the loss of my husband 5/26/20010. It seems like yesterday.I cant talk to anyone.I feel so ...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.