Skip to content
how do I grieve without going crazy?
stormi posted:
My Mom passed in March 2012 of pancreatic cancer. I was living about 300 miles away when she was diagnosed. She had already beat breast cancer and 10 years to the month she was diagnosed with the pancreatic cancer. She called to tell me that a cyst had been found on her pancreas and even gave me the name to research it. It had a to a Million chance of being cancerous.This was in Februaury of '11. She had surgery in April of '11 but I was very ill at the time an could not be here. My Mom was that 1 in a million................the tumour was cancerous. I moved and bought a double wide mobile home that was on her property and started immediately caring for her in July of '11. I took 24 hr care of her, even though she had her husband and other family members to help( but they wouldn't). on top of that, I was also caring for a disabled husband who has muscular dystrophy and had multiple surgies while my mom was sick. My Mom and I became so very close during this time.But now that she has passed away, I am grieving so hard that some days, I feel as if I am really going to go crazy. Is this part of the process of grieving? My emotions are so raw at this point that my poor husband is walking on eggshells around me. I am on medication and it has helped some but there are days that I just want to ly down and give up. I don't know how to get closure. I feel as if I will be grieving like this for he rest of my life.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 years of age and a full time student/worker. I am not sure what to put here but that I am on here for several reasons.....

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.