Skip to content
How to help a grieving sister
An_249858 posted:
My sister lost her husband two years ago. They had a great relationship. She would prefer to have died with him and is struggling to go on with her life. She works and functions, but she is so unhappy. Her emotions are always on the verge of breaking down. I love her so much, but don't know how top ease her pain. I have lost my grandparents, parents and a sister and I understand how my grief felt. But I can not imagine losing my husband who is my life. Any suggestions out there?

Take the Poll

Is it possible to help relieve some of the grief a friend is feeling?
  • Yes
  • No
  • Temporarily
vote
View Poll Results

Illbethere responded:
I have a friend that lost her husband in a car accident. I think the only thing we can do for others sometimes is be there physically for them. Listen to them when they are needing an ear. Sometimes that is all we can do for them. Blessings of Comfort can also come from the Holy Ghost. Understanding sometimes may be hard. Knowing we can be with them forever and see them again thanks to our Savior is the only comfort one might have. We will always have their memories and we will always love them. That will never end. I believe that we will see our loved ones again and that is the only comfort we get from losing those we love. Otherwise our life is only filled with darkness and I just cannot imagine that that is what God has provided us. He is a loving God and he has provided us a way to be with our families.

Spotlight: Member Stories

All I can say about myself is that I am 50yrs. of age and just experienced the greatest losses of my life. I have made alot of wrong turns in the ro...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.