Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Dad died 3 months ago and I can't deal
vcamacho25 posted:
I lost my dad November 24, 2012 to lung cancer that had spread to his liver and spine. My dad lived 24 days from the time they found the cancer. He went into the hospital for pneumonia and after a CT scan they found that he had cancer and that it had spread. I watched my dad suffer and decline quickly. His spine was starting to fracture due to the cancer and my once strong dad who was never sick was in soo much pain he could barely sit. It was the hardest thing ever for my family and I. I wanted to take the pain away but there was nothing I could do. Even though I spent almost every day with him in his last weeks I was too scared to say goodbye and talk to him about what was going on. I was there the day he passed, we brought him home just like he wanted. I spent the next few months keeping myself busy with life, but now it's finally hitting me and I feel like i'm going crazy. I cry every night and I feel so angry at the world....is this normal?? I miss my dad every day...he was my best friend. I need help coping.

mybluerose responded:
I am so sorry for the loss of your Father. My Dad passed April 19, 2010. I am a very spiritual person and I believe that our Dads are still with us in spirit. We will see them again. The loss never leaves me. Some days are worse than others. Do you have a dog or cat? I have a poodle named CoCo and she is my loyal and loving companion. Animals are very healing. I saw a Grief counselor for 2 years. It helped me. May the Lord bless you and keep you.

gatorfan30 responded:
I know how you are feeling. My daddy died December 13, 2012. I keep myself busy with life too, but it does still hit me. Something will trigger me & bam! I'm a hot mess. It's like-oh crap......my daddy is dead! I wish i could escape reality but i can't. I'm married and have kids. At least you were able to be with him when he died. I know it must have awful watching him die. I'm so sorry. My daddy died of a heart attack. 1 minute he was there and the next he was gone. It's called sudden cardiac death. He had no heart problems at all! In fact he had gone to the doctor a couple of months before his death. My advice to you is to keep on truckin. That's all you can do. Know that he is in a better place and he will not be able to suffer again. I don't know if you are religous, but I am. I will pray & talk to him. It's the only thing i can do. Let go & let God. I hope this could somewhat help you. It's hard to take advice- i know.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 25 years of age and a full time student/worker. I am not sure what to put here but that I am on here for several reasons.....

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.