Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
My Dad & my girls Daddy died 1 month apart
SHCruzan posted:
My dad was ready to "go" but nothing can prepare you for the loss - He died 4 days after his 77th birthday in August 2012. One month later, my husband died of a heart attack - he was 3 weeks away from his 43rd birthday! I cry really hard sometimes and other times I'm just numb. My 2 children are teenagers and I also mourn the loss of them needing me or telling me how they feel like they used to do. All I can think is: when will this agony END?

bastet responded:
It ends, but not right away. It took me 20 years at various stages. I hope it is significantly less time for you.

AkariMoon responded:
We had the very same in our family. First my grandmother in her eighties died in April of last year then by July we had to bury my mother as well. Its never easy to have to deal with so much death. Most of all if its so close to you in a parent and of all things your life partner. Just know that you arent alone that sometimes these things happen. I came to terms with my grandmothers death because I knew as you said it was her time perhaps. But its taken me a while to recover and heal from my moms death. I am deeply sorry for your losses. As most will agree the healing process takes time and only you know how best to heal. Everyone grieves differently so grieve however you need to.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a disabled mother of three girls (all teenagers) and little did we know our lives would all change on Aug 6th, 2009. We had just moved into a bra...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 23 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.