Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lost my mother to Ovarian Cancer
kmeg113 posted:
About a year and a half ago I lost my mom to Ovarian Cancer. She was diagnosed on 4/1/11 with stage 4 Ovarian Cancer and passed on 1/26/12. She was only 61. I was the primary caregiver for her at the end and it was honestly the hardest thing I've ever had to do.

I don't think I've fully grieved but it's starting to sink in and it so heart breaking. My mom was there for me through everything she was my best friend and confidant and now I don't have that anymore. It feels like a piece of me is forever gone and I don't know how to get it back.

At the end Hospice came in and provided medication to help with the pain but I was the one administering it and caring for her. I fed her, bathed her, changed her etc. the nurses just sat in the living room and were quite cold.

When she passed my cousin was there; I went home to try and get some rest. I feel guilty and felt like I could've done more and should've been there. Friends and family have told me I did everything I could but I can't let it go. There are still questions that I'll never get the answer to. I was contemplating going to a medium but I'm kind of skeptical.

therapistjonmemphis responded:
Kmeg,
I'm sorry to hear about your mother. I lost my mother also at the age of 61 from cancer. There are no words that a stranger like me can say, but just that I am sorry for your loss. I'm also a therapist, so I would encourage you to seek out some form of counseling or a grief support group, as I see this as very helpful for a lot of people.
Best wishes with your grief recovery,
Jon

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have lost too many people in my life to count but the 2 that have affected me the most are my older brother who died in 2004 at the age of 32 and my...More

Helpful Tips

lost my son in dec.10
New here so I'm trying to post to get answers for my greive & maybe even to help someone else?I'm looking for a good group who I can ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 9 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.