Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Mother's Day Loss
sablechica posted:
My beautiful, vibrant mother passed away on Mother's Day 2012. I'd just visited her and she was having some asthma issues, but assured me to go to work (as she'd done previously many times). I went, but called to check on her and didn't get an answer. So I left work and called the police. When I arrived, it was too late. She'd died. She was my best friend. Her passing and me finding her body has cause some psychological and emotional scars. I break down and cry almost daily. My brother (and only other sibling) after hearing of her passing came and claimed her property and pretty much waged war on me over her belongings. I feel like I have no one to talk to in my family. So as a result, I've started drinking daily to try and numb myself. I'd like to go to counseling, but I don't think they'd truly understand my pain. I feel all alone. I need help. Any advice would be helpful.

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Tina I'm 20. I live in Portland Oregon. I moved here in 2005 from Phoenix Az. My father passed away a year later, , from a self inflic...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.