Skip to content
God needed an angel,,,,but I want my sister/friend.
An_254605 posted:
n January 27, 2013 God needed another angel and I lost my best friend of 20 years to leiomyosarcoma. Which is an aggressive muscular cancer and it was found on her uterus. She was like a sister to me and an aunt to my children. She was my rock and my soft pillow to fall on. My friend knew me more than I knew myself. Now that the holidays and the anniversary of her death is approaching, I have begun to feel depressed. I just miss her so much. I feel a sense of emptiness and a void that can never be filled. I have literally disconnected myself from all of her family members because, it is too painful and it is a constant reminder that she is gone. Since her death, I have become diagnosed with severe depressive anxiety disorder. My mental condition came forth on her birthday on August 18th which is two weeks after mine. My life has become totally unmanageable. Nevertheless, my psychotherapist suggested that I find a bereavement forum to assist me in overcoming her death. Posting to this discussion forum is the hardest thing I have had to do in a longtime. I am literally crying my eyes out right now as I am typing. Any assistance in the bereavement process or hearing some of your thoughts, suggestions and testimonies would be helpful. Thank you in advance and God bless.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a mother of two grown sons, have a great daughter-in-law, granddaughter and grandson. I have fibromyalgia and by the early/mid 90's tha...More

Helpful Tips

How to increase Font Size
Hold down the Ctrl key and the plus sign key at the same time. Do this as many times as you need until you get to a font size that works ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 27 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.