Skip to content
Feeling numb?
LostnAZ posted:
My brother lost his battle to cancer last week. For the past year he basically was a human pin cushion. He went thru the bone marrow transplant and rejected. In a strange sense I am releived that he is out of his pain. He passed away on my moms birthday. My younger sister was murdered a year ago and the guy that did it still walks free. My older sister commited suicide 23 years ago. My heart breaks for our Mom. I am the only one left. My Mom wants to take it out on me and I am avoiding her. I know its not right, but its the only way that I can cope. I can't handle her screaming at me. I wish I could change things, but I can't. In a sense I am angry at my siblings, because they left me with this mess. I'm trying to figure out how to move on. I have many wonderful friends that have helped me. But yet my Mom will run them into the ground. I wish I could wake up from this bad dream.
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful
Caprice_WebMD_Staff responded:
I am sorry for all your losses and how it is impacting your relationship with your mother now.

I really encourage you to consider regular therapy. It sounds like there are some issues here that need to be worked through and therapy can help you figure out how to healthily deal with your mother. It would be great if she would join you in some family therapy because she needs some support too but if she's not interested, do this for yourself, dear one. (((hugs)))

Spotlight: Member Stories

My wife had many serious illnesses, and had even broken an arm and a leg last year. She came back from both injuries. I was her caregiver, and was abl...More

Helpful Tips

How to more easily read discussions
Exchanges provide a more dynamic way to keep up with ongoing discussions. But If you're finding how discussions and responses are ... More
Was this Helpful?
13 of 24 found this helpful

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.