Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Big Day
mommaange1 posted:
Today is my daughter Sara 'Beth's graduation day. I am so excited but so nervous because I know I am going to cry. I cant believe she has grown so fast right before my eyes. Seems like yesturday that she was just a darling sleeping baby. My husband and I are taking her and the family out to the House of Kobe, a Japanese restuarant. Everyone is going but the ex husband, who by the way ruined my plan of bringing her roses. He never thinks of such things so why now is he trying to play dad. Anyway, I will forget him so my day isnt ruined too. It is all about her today. I have been practicing holding back tears. lets see how it goes. Wish me luck

slik_kitty responded:
go ahead and cry. this is a big moment in her life and your baby is all grown up. it's perfectly normal to cry. you're proud of her and you love her, that's just one sign of it. hugs

bpcookie responded:
Oh honey, its gonna be such a great experience. Take lots of pics and if you have a video recorder, then use that as well.

Im so glad your taking your daughter out to dinner, how sweet. My poor darling was going to Burger King with her friends after wards. I was pissed when I heard that. Her dad didnt have the brains enough to see that this was a special event.

When my daughter graduated, my family and my X's family went. My X felt it was soooo rude that ppl were cheering and making noise when their childs name was called. So they calmly clapped when they called my daughters name. But not my family, we had horns and clackers, noise makers and were screaming our heads off. :)

You have fun tonight honey. It will be a night to remember and you will never forget it.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

mommaange1 responded:
I actually cried before the ceremony but since my back was killing me I took some norco and a bunch of valium and was pretty cool during the actual calling of the names. I am blue now, but the beautiful pictures are cheering me up. At least my x did not screw things up. He brought flowers and promptly went home after the ceremony. I was so glad, I didnt want to deal with his stupidity.

cant wait for dinner. Just one hour away. Should be wonderful. Grandma and grandpa and great grandma are coming. My sister is too. Should be really nice.

snowyowl33 replied to mommaange1's response:
Enjoy Momma!!!! ............cooolness!

Hugs
Snowy

DizzyJgirl responded:
I was actually thinking about you! Our graduation was yesterday too, and I remembered yours was. It POURED here for our outdoor graduation. There was a huge tent though and it all went off ok and was a beautiful ceremony. Our commencement speaker was awesome. I would love to find her address or email to let her know how much I liked her speech.

The rest of our day was pretty laid back but all went fine. Today, we are all exhausted. :)

How did the dinner go?

mommaange1 replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
I am glad that you had a really nice day even though it rained. At least you had some place to take cover. Hope you took lots of pictures.

Dinner went great. We had reservations for six and they kept us waiting until 7:30. That kinda made us all a little mad, but all in all, we spent a fortune and had a great time.

jselleck replied to mommaange1's response:
I remember my hs graduation. Mom and I had a fight about what I was going to wear. I wanted to wear shorts, she wanted a dress, so we compromised and I wore a split skirt. Afterwards one of my friends from Ohio came to see me and spent most of my party hiding from guests. I had a blast!! For collge my family and grandparents came then we went to my aunt's for a get together. I've got the cutest pic of my little cousin wearing my cap. She was stinker. Found memories.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 34, single mom of 3 yr. old. I live in the NW... I paint and do anything else that has to do with art. (Sewing, crafts, beads, cards, scrapboo...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
Don't eat yellow snow. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.