Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
does anyone know how?
bpcookie posted:
You know when you iron something that shouldnt be ironed, and it burned the material and its stuck on the iron? Well how in the heck do you get that off the darn iron? Ive tried scrubbing it, but it just wont come off.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

IrwinsLady responded:
try acetone
Your heart is the only organ to know when its broken..

margaroo responded:
Sparkle,

I looked online for tips, but didn't find any about scorched fabric.

Sorry,

Maggie

mommaange1 responded:
Warm up the iron to not so extremely hot and then iron the iron on a soft white rag or towel. As it warms, the burnt on material should transfer to the white towel as you iron it.

bpcookie replied to IrwinsLady's response:
okies, I shall try that. I wish I had some at home now. thanks honey

bpcookie replied to mommaange1's response:
Ok, thats something I can try right now. Thanks sweetie pie

slik_kitty replied to bpcookie's response:
fingernail polish remover has acetone in it.

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
I dont have any of that either

I will buy some tomorrow though. I am determined to to get that stuff off my iron. The darn thing is new and the reason why we replaced it in the first place is because I did the same thing to the last one. LOL

IrwinsLady replied to bpcookie's response:
sure thing
Your heart is the only organ to know when its broken..

furbabies4 responded:
Mr. Clean magic eraser (only if iron is cold)

paste of vinegar & baking soda (looks like a science experiment...lots of fizzing)

iron over waxed paper

I've done so much to my irons over the years that I'm always finding ways to fix what I screwed up this time. lol

bipolargal responded:
Maybe super fine steel wool. The reason I believe it might work, is that you can use the super fine stuff on windows. Go to the hardware store and look at the different grades of steel wool, and buy the one that says you can use it on glass.

bpcookie replied to bipolargal's response:
Heck, I should just buy 5 irons and keep them on hand. lol. Im constantly ruining irons.

Thanks for all your ideas my dahlings

imbabydoll replied to furbabies4's response:
Ok I'm gone for a month and I come back to dirty irons (and your right furbabies) a dog getting crowned, big feet, and size sevens
What the hell has been going on here?
LOL
I missed ya'll very much you may notice my nic has changed as I was not able to sign in under imbabydolls I am now ibbabydoll
I'm sure glad, to the delight of the mods he he to be back here things got a bit rough here and for a few I lost it but I think I'm going to be ok
For what its worth I was with ya'll most of the time I just could not sign to comment Snow you had me worried but you seem better I do hope so and bpcookie your rack is just fine I'm sure

HUG HUG HUG you were missed
ibbabydoll ,
imbabydolls HOW MANY OF YOU BELIEVE IN PSYCHO-KINESIS RAISE MY HAND.

imbabydoll replied to furbabies4's response:
Oh yeah and captin kangaroo? Dear Lord I can't leave you all alone for a second lol
imbabydolls HOW MANY OF YOU BELIEVE IN PSYCHO-KINESIS RAISE MY HAND.

slik_kitty replied to imbabydoll's response:
welcome back!

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 34, single mom of 3 yr. old. I live in the NW... I paint and do anything else that has to do with art. (Sewing, crafts, beads, cards, scrapboo...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 1
these will knock your socks off. snowy finally got her drooling smilie! copy the url below. click on add image above the posting window. ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 42 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.