Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Hostile Work Environment
An_198018 posted:
I know this may seem petty or whiney but I would like tips on how to feel more at ease at work. I work in an office with a majority of women who are weight obsessed and at least 5 of them have undergone gastric bypass surgery to lose weight. Meanwhile, I am a thin woman who has never had to deal with this issue. I feel isolated. I do not feel like I am special in a good way. I feel envy and resentment from the other women.

My mom says that I should enjoy it, but I do not enjoy feeling like a minority. Of course, thin women have no problems and should remain silent. Do you have any suggestions?

bpcookie responded:
Hello Anon, So very sorry your going through this. I do understand what you mean when you say "thin women have no problems......". Some ppl just dont understand that it doesnt matter how much we weigh, we all have problems.

One thing you could do is perhaps offer to buy them a cup of coffee. When I had a few enemies and I got tired of fighting with them, I would surprise them by offering to buy them a coke or a cup of coffee. That always did the trick. It was like breaking the ice. Its a good way to become friends with them. They will be more willing to chat. Instead of looking at you with envy and resentment, they will start to look at you as the nice and kind person that you are. Good luck to you. :)
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

DizzyJgirl responded:
I agree with Cookie. Try to find some other common ground, not about the weight. Movies you have seen, books you have read, places you have been, music...again, something to break the ice. Or if there is anything you can ask one of them for help with. Some common complaint? (Other drivers, construction on the way to work, your alarm not going off, etc).

Good luck.

purpledolphingirl4 responded:
I used to have this problem at my previous jobs. I usually change the subject and try to find something in common. buy a drink or bring in something health wise to break the ice. That should do the trick.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 34 with bp. on seroquel, prozac, geodon and buspar. stable as of right now. i have two boys 15 & 10 who are my world.

Helpful Tips

Next winter
Don't eat yellow snow. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.