Skip to content


    Exciting News for WebMD Members!

    We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

    And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

    What Do You Need to Do?

    The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

    Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

    Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

    Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
    How to stop manic attacks
    tikiii007 posted:
    Hello grumpy groupies it has been a long time. I ignored the dx I have not yet been dx by a doctor. Yet I know and so do the few left who know me. It is certain by popular opinion and it is also very embarrasing. bipolar sounds like you a retarded huh. wish another word could define my behavior which is in a sence a dx. Anyway 2 months I had manic attacks horrible ones and I dont remember all of that I did exactly. Public health clinic turned me down. primarily because I am pretty and very normal looking. Well yesterday my husband/boyfriend almost left me. I snapped. He said he was just sitting there. I am not sure if I believe him he had to of don something. Anyway I was at a friends earlier that day. I started crying and I said something is wrong I need help. '"Oh you are alright" He offered a beer I declined dont drink my behavior again., Well I came home and did $9000.00-$10,000.00. I hurt myself as well and hit my boyfriend. Flattened his tires with a knife and broke the 3000.00 television. Now I dont remember all this. He remained upset yet I am fine. I am scared because that is a felony. I already have a DV. I would be in jail and who would take care of my dog and cats.? How can you stop a attack??? Should I go back to the public health center??? I am scared and I dont want to do this again. This happens every year. every year it gets worse. Why do you not remember why you snapped? Do you take medicine.? I tryed deep breaths and calming thing but your mind starts spinning and you cant. God help I am crazy. I belong in a strait jacket and yet I dont even have a diagnosis. I havent looked hard for help. I want to ignore this. I cant this time the damage and physical was bad I hear. No recolection. What the hell causes this manic attack? How do you stop it? Please I need to know have anyone had a similar incident?
    snowyowl33 responded:
    Hi Tiki,

    The best thing for you to do is either admit yourself to a hospital and get proper hooked up with some help there, or get yourself a pdoc immediately and get a proper dx's and then get on medication if that is the appropriate action to take. Also finding a therapist is a good idea so you have someone to tak to about what's going on. Either way you must take responsibility for your actions (as we all must) and find some help straight away before this kind of thing happens again. We unfortunately cannot tell you if you are having a manic attack or not as we are not doctors and only a professional can do that.

    Before anything, a proper dx is essential... Good Luck.

    Try also going to as I believe they might also be able to offer you some help.

    Snowy ... oh and welcome back...

    Spotlight: Member Stories

    Hey. My name is Robin. I am from NC. I live on a farm. I have a 22 year ald son. I am a rapid cycling bipolar. I have been off and off meds for 20 plu...More

    Helpful Tips

    Next winter
    Don't eat yellow snow. More
    Was this Helpful?
    1 of 1 found this helpful

    Helpful Resources

    Be the first to post a Resource!

    Related Drug Reviews

    • Drug Name User Reviews

    Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

    FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.