Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Christmas Fun
bpcookie posted:
Tell us about anything funny that you or someone else did on Christmas. Or, even some fond memory you have.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

bpcookie responded:
This may be a trigger for some. One Christmas me, my mom and aunt were drinking (yea, I know, bad us) hahaha. Well we had a bit too much. I put my daughter to bed and told her to listen for Santa landing on the roof.

So me, mom and aunt went outside and were throwing rocks on top of the mobile home, giggling the entire time. Every now and then we would say "HO HO HO". That was ssssoooo much fun. LOL

AnxietyMisDiagnosed replied to bpcookie's response:
ROFL!!! Oh my Gaaawd..I can't believe ya'll threw rocks on the roof! Sounds like something I would do when I'm drunk!

My trigger memory is from 2008 when my grandparents paid for us all to go to Disney World in Florida for10 days. It was an amazing, memorable trip, but my former cousins (LONG story and HUGE trigger there, but I'm willing ot explain the looooong story if anyone cares to hear it) were there and they made it the trip from hell, as well...it was hard, but I will never forget being poolside Christmas Day, tanning in my bikini on a spare chaise lounge chair. .

bpcookie replied to AnxietyMisDiagnosed's response:
aaawww That sounds like such a nice memory, except for the cousins part. But sitting by the pool in your bikini on christmas day, how cool is that?

bpcookie replied to AnxietyMisDiagnosed's response:
Oh, I forgot to say that you can tell your story about your cousins if you want. No problem.

bpcookie replied to bpcookie's response:
Another time I had put my daughter to bed and warned her that Santa would be here soon, so she needed to go to sleep. I put on a Santa hat, tied a white T-shirt around my chin, letting it hang down, I threw a white stuffed pillow case over my shoulder, put on my black cow boy boots and I had a long red coat, I put that on as well. I grabbed a bell that I had and started walking back and forth in front of my daughters window, shaking the bell and saying " HO HO HO". I asked her Christmas morning if she saw Santa outside her bedroom window, she said "no, I fell asleep". LOL So I was walking around outside, dressed up like a fool, and acting stupid for nothing. lol

AnxietyMisDiagnosed replied to bpcookie's response:
it was awesome :) Except, my former cousin Aydrienne was laying next to me, complaining about every other breathing being around us. *sigh* It was ridiculous. BUT, we might go back there with my grandparents sometime cos my former cousins aren't in our lives anymore (WHEW) so it'd be 1000x more fun and happy, happy memories I'm sure!

I'll get to my cousin story in a bit- it's quite a long one so I'm gonna see if I can make it more to the point. :)

slik_kitty responded:
one xmas my son and i rewrote some xmas songs to be about kitties. then we took two of our kitty stuffies and performed it on xmas eve for the family. probably my favorite xmas memory of all time.

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
aaaaawwww that sounds so sweet and adorable. You both have a great imagination. I bet you guys were the hit of the town. Ready for Broadway?

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
When I was married to my X jerk face we lived in a crappy mobile home, I was raising his three sons plus our daughter and we didnt have much money. I bough gifts from the $1 store that year. But on Christmas day a truck and two cars pull up in front and the back of the truck was full of gifts. The ppl were from the animal rescue group that I was volunteering for. They all piled out of the vehicles and carried arm load after arm load of gifts into our house. I couldnt believe it. What a surprise. This stuff had to cost them $100's. It was unreal. Lots of toys, bikes, towels for me, case of beer for my X and a bottle of White Diamonds Perfume, (my fav).

What touched me the most was that these ppl put their own Christmas aside to come out and deliver us these things.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Over 40 & B/P is basically under control with min. meds after 20 years of screwing around with them. I wish for little bursts of Hypo mania, anyt...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 1
these will knock your socks off. snowy finally got her drooling smilie! copy the url below. click on add image above the posting window. ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 42 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.