Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Seriously Depressed- Help
BipolarDisorder2 posted:
I need any and all help any of ya'll can give me on surviving the depressive pole of this ridiculous illness...It started yesterday (triggered, of course) and it's continuing into today...I'm sad, I've self-injured and I drank last night (both of which are big no no's of my pdoc and therapist)...I'm still taking my meds like a good Bipolar, but I'm just HUGELY disinterested in life and want to be left alone...but I have to put on a face, which is freaking hard...Anyway, if anyone has any tips on surviving the depression/irritabliity side of BP, fill me in, cos I don't see my pdoc or therapist til 1/5/2011..or later.

bpcookie responded:
Oh sweetie, Im so very very sorry that I didnt see this until now. This board is slow at times so I dont check it as often as I should.

aaawwww you poor hun. I know how it feels to be so dang depressed that you grab a drink. I used to do that too. Sometimes, just sometimes, I still do it.

I dont self harm so I cant really give you any advice about that. I wish I could. When it comes to depression, I will do my best to get outside, in the sun light. That usually helps a bit. Also watch a comedy. Laughter really is the best medicine. And just keep on posting on the boards. There is nothing like good friends who care.

Big hugs to you sweetie. Hope things turn around for you soon. :)
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

fuzzer29 responded:
Hey BP2, I am sooo sorry that you are experiencing the throws of the depressive side of this illness. I know how much it sucks too, I have been there many times and I will be there again if I can't find good meds. That really sucks about your tdoc appt being so far away. I know how tough that is, and why is it that is when all hell breaks loose? I am glad that you are taking your meds, they will help. As for the self injury, there is a great board here for self inflicted injuries, let me see if I can find the link for ya: http://exchanges.webmd.com/self-harm-exchange

They have very good ways of getting you to focus on other things, and I have gone there a few times myself. You need to get better coping mechanisms and try something called EFT, here is a site that a great friend gave me, and it does help:
http://efttappingtechniques.com/eft-tapping/eft-tapping-points-eft-guide/

Give those both a go, and I hope you feel better. You might feel silly doing the tapping thing, but it DOES work. Let me know how it goes for you, and keep us up to date, OK? Big hugs and sending you lots of positive energy!
No matter how high the throne, there sits but an ass. Voltaire

snowyowl33 responded:
(((((BP2))))
Sorry I am not much help right now, but I am sending you big huge hugs, and it does get better..... go and treat yourself to something you love, or have a sky high bubble bath with lovely smelly stuff...I know it's tough when all you want to do is cause yourself damage, call your doc and let them know how your feeling and maybe they can adjust your meds by phone before the holidays...

Snowy

BipolarDisorder2 replied to snowyowl33's response:
Thanks for the love youguys! I TOTALLY forgot that I had posted in here....<3 youguys

bpcookie replied to BipolarDisorder2's response:
Im so glad you checked this board. :) Im also happy that your a member. Just remember, nothing is taboo here. You should see some of the conversations we have had. LOL

BipolarDisorder2 replied to bpcookie's response:
Alright, here we go....AGAIN. I was FINE today, not depressed, I'm SO down...like my ex-boyfriend is flying to DC tonight for a couple of speaking engagements, and I started off anxious/nervous (I have ALWAYS hated it when he flies, and he knows it) and then when I know he's gone, I get seriously depressed for anywhere from the rest of the day that he's left to the entire time he's gone (that'd be, at least this time, a grand total of 5 days). GOD I hate it....I just get super anti-social, I don't have an appetite, I cry sometimes, I'm unable to concentrate on much of anything, ALL I can think about is him, 24/7....He's still very much a huge part of my life, he's my mentor and still my professor, but I'm still having a god-awful time not loving him with everything I have.

<3 and thanks for always listening to me.

aaaawwwww Honey, Im so sorry. I dont know if I have suggested this before, but perhaps you should start seeing a tdoc to help with this. Because I know you have great difficulty at times when it comes to him. It just breaks my heart to think that your depressed. Hope you start feeling better soon. muahs

Thanks, Cookie...you are soo sweet to me :)

I do have issues when it comes to the ex...I guess our relationship was always SO bloody complicated that it's gonna take a lot more therapy to get it outta me.

My therapist knows about all the Ben stuff..we're gonna start working on my negative coping skills (ie: SI, drinking) beginning on Tuesday's session. He thinks it'll help. My pdoc and I will be talking about antidepressants when I schedule my appt with him...I'm sick of this.

*HUGS*

bpcookie responded:
Hey Sweetie pie, Here is my email addy, email me any time you want. :)

runracey@msn.com

skypper replied to BipolarDisorder2's response:
awww hun, we can never control who we love or why, but sometimes we can choose how it makes us react...maybe you can use this time to reflect on why he has such a big impact on you and why you can't seem to move on...i have HUGE ex issues of my own that i go back and forth on myself, so for myself i go through similar things, not saying i know how YOU feel but i have a really really hard time letting go too...
perhaps use the times that he has to go away to treat yourself to something special, pedicure, a movie night, hang out with some friends or a relative, try going to some place new and make new happy memories for yourself so you're not just sitting there with your thoughts, sometimes i think its good for us to get out of our own heads so to speak...hope you have a goodnight, hugs

BipolarDisorder2 replied to skypper's response:
Thanks, Cookie :) I have you in my gmail address book, I'll email you in a little bit..I have to finish notes for class first ;p

Sky: Thanks for the ideas, I will definitely try that technique. My ex is complicated, as he's 51 (he will be 52 in April) and I'm 24 (will be 25) and is still my professor. It's just a TON of emotional baggage and the fact that we are still close doesn't help muchof anything, you know?

I really appreeciate that you even have a tiny glimpse (probably more than that though ;p) into what I'm dealing with..that definitley helps. Ex issues are extraordinarilly difficult and my relationship wasn't widely published, so to speak....*le sigh* Anyway, thank youguys so much for listening. <3

BipolarDisorder2 replied to BipolarDisorder2's response:
Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. Here we go.....AGAIN. *le sigh* WHY is it at night this happens? Maybe I get too much time to think? But I've been doing homework and my grandparents were just over.....anyone else have times you are more likely than not to be depressed? And yeah, it's triggered again, and not quite as bad ast last night, yet, but it's only 7p, by 11 or 12 or even 1 it could be worse, hopefully not though.

Oh no. Cant you get out of the house? Maybe hang out with some friends? Go to a night club and dance?? Music always lifts my spirit. I have been listening to two songs over and over again.

Dynomite/Taio Cruz such an awsome video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUjdiDeJ0xg&ob=av2el

Bad Romance/Lady Ga Ga

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I&ob=av2el

Hey Cookie ;)

I'm doing okay right now, actually....it kind of is coming in small waves tonight, and I'm doing pretty good. If anything, I'm kind of worried I'm gonna go manic. I realized I've had the energy & lack of sleep but not the euphoria (like I usually have) so we'll see if that's coming next...I'm a bit nervous...BUT, I'd rather be manic than depressive. I keep checking my email to see if my ex emailed me from DC but haven't seen anything yet. *sigh*

<3

Spotlight: Member Stories

Over 40 & B/P is basically under control with min. meds after 20 years of screwing around with them. I wish for little bursts of Hypo mania, anyt...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.