Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Workout Routines?
BipolarDisorder2 posted:
What does anyone do? I'm (hopefully...never say 'definitely') starting up Britney's ab routine today...already did about 100 or so situps and have several more to go..(Gotta add up to 1000/day) But I was wondering if anyone worked out and what ya'lls routines were.

Mine right now is 1000 sit ups in hopes of getting my abs in shape, and if I can hold onto that, I will also do at least 100 push-ups a day to get my arms back into shape.

skypper responded:
I use to work out but lately everything seems so difficult, a good workout i find is to do a bit of fast paced walking with my treadmill set at an incline and to do some arms exercises with my 3 lb weights at the same time, i tend to get bored so that helps keep me distracted, lol...though lately i admit i haven't been doing much of anythin, it feel like a miracle if i'm out of bed the whole day

bpcookie responded:
Holy cow!!!! a 100 sit ups??? That would put me into a coma. :) Since I have chronic pain and bad asthma probs mine is very light. I just started it too. I have these rubber band thingies with handles. I stick it in the door, pull the handles back gently (this strengthens my back muscles and tones my arms). I do some squats for my legs and a few sit ups, not many, just to tone my legs and tummy. Once my asthma is under control I intend to go for longer walks with my dog to strengthen my lungs. I have to do something, or I will totally waste away.

If I forget to do the exercises just one day, then it will be easy to forget to do it the next and the next.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

BipolarDisorder2 replied to bpcookie's response:
Cookie: LOL Yeah, it'll equal out to 1000 sit-ups a day. I want Brit's abs and I think if it works for her, it'll work for me ;p

Skypper: Your routine sounds awesome ;) I used to do weights for my arms but gave up.

skypper replied to BipolarDisorder2's response:
it works and you work on several areas at the same time so it doesn't have to be super long...before i got the treadmill i use to use my bottom stair step, i'd just go up and down back and forth and do the arm weights at the same time too, its a pretty effective workout...if you add singing to that you also work on your breathing too, i haven't done that for a really long time though, perhaps i should try getting back into some sort of routine even if its a short one

BipolarDisorder2 replied to skypper's response:
I think so too...I sing enough in the car that I think my lungs are good ;p I should, however, try and get back into the weights like you are...my arms need toning up (although a lot of people roll their eyes when I say that) and my abs certianly need work. Plus, I heard working out is good for your mood...? IDK how true that is for a Bipolar, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

bpcookie replied to skypper's response:
Here is a good treadmill work out for ya Michelle and it looks fun too. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTAAsCNK7RA
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

skypper replied to bpcookie's response:
cookie that DOES look like fun! LOL

bd2, yeah the exercise is suppose to help our moods but it's been a long time since i wokred out regularly so i don't remeber if it did or not

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am happily married to BipolarGal. She is a handful and I love her.

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.