Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Board question
DizzyJgirl posted:
Hello..sorry I don't know where to ask this but didn't really want to ask on the main board. I tried to look around the site but can't find the answer.

Sorry I am sick this morning and out of sorts.

Question: Are we still able to block someone so we don't see their posts? I can't find anything on that and don't know why. Never done that before but tired of someone's posts triggering me (for no apparant reason...can't explain it).

Thanks.

bpcookie responded:
Hey honey bunny, unfortunately we are unable to block anyone. Before Jan.1 2010, they had a switch you could hit and it would block out anything THAT person posted. When they changed the boards over in 2010 the switch was missing. We have requested many many times that they re-install the *ignore* switch and many many ppl want it back. Our requests, although heard by WebMD, have not been answered. Im wondering why they cant add it. It would save many ppl grief, arguments and triggers. Maybe I will write another post requesting it, yet again, and also ask why it hasnt been re-installed yet. What do you think?
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

skypper responded:
We don't have the ignore capability anymore, unfortunately, because I could think of several times just off the top of my head that it would have been most useful. I keep asking and passing the question along to Chrissy but she says she's heard of no plans to bring it back as of yet...

DizzyJgirl responded:
Thanks ladies. Maybe if we all pester them, they will listen. In the meantime, I will be a big girl and just continue to try to overlook the posts I want to. Its not a huge deal, I just thought I remembered the "ignore" feature.

xo's

Indiaguerita replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
Sorry to lurk...Dizzy...I hope it's not me that's posting upsetting stuff.

Let me know if it is me and what's upsetting you and I'll quit posting it.

-Laura

skypper replied to Indiaguerita's response:
Heya Laura, this issue I think has much less to do with any individual poster than it has to do with the individual reading and reacting at any certain time, its like sometimes we get very overwhelmed and can't deal so we may need to ignore certain topics or whatever for our own peace and sanity, ya know? Does that make sense? I hope i'm explaining it right..cuz i have the idea in my head but sometimes it doesn't come out right...

DizzyJgirl replied to Indiaguerita's response:
Sorry wasn't online much and forgot to check here. Oh sweets, noooooo its nothing to do with you! What Sky said is right on target really...just some days things get to me but honestly, it isn't even to do with our regular posts/posters stuff. Its hard for me to explain really. At one point I just remembered we used to have that ignore feature and wondered if we still did if I want it. Just one of those days I guess. I don't get bothered by much but can be over sensitive depending on how my day is.

I like your posts and so glad we have you as part of the boards. I might not post all the time but do try to read and always look for how you all are doing and care about what is going on in your lives. We really have a great group of people here and I don't know what I would do without all of you. :)

Indiaguerita replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
Good deal.

I realized after I posted my question that it might be misconstrued and being self-centered. I can assure you that it was not meant to be conceited at all. Rather, I know I have been discussing some touchy subjects and I thought maybe it had upset you.

I quit posting about the touchy subjects just in case. I never intend to upset the board members but I do need to get things of my chest sometimes, no matter how unpopular the subject matter. It helps in between therapy sessions to have people listen and even comment (with tips) on my posts.

Anyways...glad to hear it was me. I know I'm not the center of the universe, but just wanted to double check that it was not me!

-LJ

Indiaguerita replied to Indiaguerita's response:
Glad to hear it wasn't me...sorry for the massive typos. I did not get much sleep last night.

Up last night attending to some Autism research!

-LJ

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me I live in sunny, steaming hot, Arizona. I've been married for 10 yrs and have a daughter who is 17. Also my dog who was 20 yrs old. just...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.