Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
just realizing...
skypper posted:
in going through my book of books i have come to many realizations about my personal life and how i've shaped it...the pattern of treatment towards one another...the feelings of not being safe in my own home...the issues of not wanting to leave children behind for fear of what will happen to them or what they'll become...all of these things carried over from my younger years...except that now i have not my mom who i'm fighting for, but myself and my own kids...how i have a partner who appears one way but is a drastically different person to us...its an eery feeling...

do you know that yesterday, well i'm sure you all know that yesterday when i got the email saying the a publisher was offering to publish my book i was beyond ecstatic and soooo very happy...he didn't seem all that happy for me at all, not one bit, didn't even seem interested to tell you the truth...maybe i'm misinterpreting but i don't think so...he seemed to be looking for an excuse to attack...but as i was seeming and looking so sick he left me alone for the most part...only woke me up around midnight to yell and ask me what happened to all the beer!!!??? when i told him i out it all in the garage cuz it was taking up space in the fridge he just kind of shut up but paced around a bit seeming to be thinking...

i honestly didn't think he'd really be happy for me because he never is...but i guess i wasn't expecting the hostility...anyways...not gonna let HIM rain on my parade, cuz i'm still happy as can be and if anything even more determined now :D

already emailed back the publishers and am waiting to get the ball rolling, i've already begun re-editing, just to make sure everything's right and complete as possible for my final submission...and once i'm finished with this one, i'm going to get to work on my next project right way, so as to not put all my eggs in one basket as they say, lol :D

DizzyJgirl responded:
Well, maybe this is just what you need! I keep thinking of you and I am still so happy for you. Do keep us updated on the process because it is so interesting to me and I want to hear how it is going.

As for the bf...well, he sounds jealous to me. He is probably also scared of you doing something, not depending on him, bettering yourself and possibly moving on. I am learing to stop this but usually, anger is my first response to things. I don't know how to deal with my feelings and get angry I guess.

I confess, my pita doesn't get angry with me but can get angry and take it out on other things. He isn't good about expressing his feelings at all. Good or bad, he seems indifferent to everything. So, as usual, you know I can kind of relate.

Stick with what you said about being happy! You deserve this and should be so proud of yourself. Keep that determination. I know there will be days where you might struggle but just remember how you feel now. Whatever he is feeling is HIS problem.

Can we ask what the next project is? :) Hugs

skypper replied to DizzyJgirl's response:
Next project is a child's book :)
I actually already have the story finished, its a really cute short and very silly rhyming story, all i need is an illustrator, i keep asking my dd to draw pics for me because she is a very talented young artist, but she thinks her drawings "suck" i keep telling her they don't, that i think they are awesome, so i'm trying to convince her, it would be so fun a mother-daughter project

so i took the initiative and did a publisher printout with caption boxes of what i'd like represented in the pictures, i hope she will do it...hey i may be the next Dr. Seuss! LOL

DizzyJgirl replied to skypper's response:
That is so cool! I bet your dd's pictures would be a perfect touch to it. :D

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi there. I am from the Cleveland area. I am married and have a beautiful one year old. I have been dealing with depression for 10 + years. I was dx t...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
Don't eat yellow snow. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.