Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Whats in a name?
bpcookie posted:
Michelle:

The power of a name and its value has long been immortalized in prose, poetry, and religious ceremony. Everyone recognizes himself or herself by name.
The question is: how does a name influence a person's character?
Let us consider what a name is. It is the grouping of several letters of an alphabet, or other symbols, which represent the identification of a person or an object.
The one thing which separates human beings from the animal kingdom is human mind, which has the ability to reason on a conscious level. To think consciously, one must use language. This point is not generally appreciated but it is vitally important. It is impossible to think without language. What allows language to serve in this manner? In the case of languages which have alphabets, letters are placed in a definite sequence in the alphabet, i.e., in the English alphabet, "A" is always in the first position, "B" in the second position, and so on. Any alphabet is an alphabet because symbols are recognized by their form or sound in a definite order--change the order and confusion results.
There is more than just sound and alphabetical symbols to language. What is it that language expresses? Is it not intelligence? Is not intelligence a mental power? Do we not learn through education--using language--to develop intelligence, which is recognized as mental growth and the individuality of the personal mind?
The link between human intelligence, mind, language, and the order of the letters in the alphabet is the key to measuring human mind and solving the major problem of mental discord and imbalance.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!
FirstPrevious12NextLast

bpcookie responded:
Laura:

• The name of Laura brings opportunities for success in business and financial accumulation.
  • It fires you with ambition and promotional ideas, ideas that are original, progressive, and large-scale.
  • With this name, success to you is a foregone conclusion, for you cannot conceive any reason for not reaching all your goals, as you have self-sufficiency, supreme confidence, boundless energy, and enthusiasm.
  • As long as you have a sense of freedom from monotony and drudgery, and can see progress being made, you feel buoyant and optimistic.
  • However, obstacles and frustration can give rise to feelings of impatience, intolerance, and depression.
  • The ever-present desire to progress does not allow you proper relaxation or the proper expression of the softer feminine qualities of sympathy, encouragement, and affection.
  • Others may see you as rather shrewd and calculating.
  • Although the name Laura causes an active mind and a restless urge to explore new ideas, we emphasize that it causes a materialistic approach that frustrates higher humanitarian qualities.
  • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the solar plexus and reproductive organs

bpcookie replied to bpcookie's response:
Royce:

• As Royce, you are spontaneous, happy-go-lucky, and you enjoy the company of others--the more the merrier.
  • You make friends easily as people are attracted to your warm and generous nature.
  • However, you have to watch that others do not take advantage of your generosity, for you are apt to be influenced by hard-luck stories and give when it might be more prudent not to.
  • You are ever on the watch for ways and means of making some "easy money" because this name spoils initiative and ambition, producing an easy-going, come-what-may nature which attaches value to money only for the self-enjoyment it can offer.
  • While the name Royce creates the urge to be kind and thoughtful to others, we stress that it causes frustration through a scattered and emotional nature.
  • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, liver and the bloodstream.

Kitty:

• Your name of Kitty creates a desire to be of service to others, but its practicality and attention to detail restrict spontaneity.
  • This name creates much frustration, nervous tension, and personal unhappiness because you are not able to realize your ambitions and ideals.
  • You desire your life to be orderly and systematized and you keep your surroundings neat and tidy, but others often see you as fussy over little things.
  • You are a patient person and you will work hard one step at a time to accomplish your endeavours.
  • You tend to be thorough in building a solid foundation of fact and logic, but are not inclined to pursue inspirational or creative expression as in music or the arts.
  • Although the name Kitty creates idealism and the urge to help others, we emphasize that it limits your versatility and scope, tuning you to technical details.
  • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the nervous system, and elimination system

bpcookie responded:
Snowy:

• Your name of Snowy gives you a clever mind, good business judgment, a sense of responsibility, and an appreciation of the finer things of life.
  • You are serious-minded and not inclined to make light of things even in little ways, and in your younger years you had more mature interests than others your age.
  • Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends.
  • Whatever you set out to accomplish you do your very best to complete in accordance with what you consider to be right.
  • Although the name Snowy creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it can cause a superior, interfering expression whose favorite expression is "I know" when not combined with a balanced last name.
  • This name, when not combined with a balanced last name, can also frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses through worry and mental tension.

bpcookie responded:
Bildo:

• Your name of Bildo gives you a clever mind, good business judgment, a sense of responsibility, and an appreciation of the finer things of life.
  • You are serious-minded and not inclined to make light of things even in little ways, and in your younger years you had more mature interests than others your age.
  • Home and family mean a great deal to you and it is natural that you should desire the security of a peaceful, settled home environment where you can enjoy the companionship of family and friends.
  • Whatever you set out to accomplish you do your very best to complete in accordance with what you consider to be right.
  • Although the name Bildo creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it can cause a superior, interfering expression whose favorite expression is "I know" when not combined with a balanced last name.
  • This name, when not combined with a balanced last name, can also frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses through worry and mental tension

bpcookie responded:
Rodger:

• Your first name, Rodger, creates a friendly, sensitive, and practical nature.
  • You gravitate to positions where there is stability, security and opportunities to work with others to make steady progress.
  • You could be very skilful in dealing with technical and mechanical matters.
  • You appreciate details, precision, and system and order.
  • These qualities, however, can make you too fussy, from time to time, over inconsequential matters.
  • You do not take to changes easily and can be quietly stubborn.
  • You do rely on the support and encouragement of others as there is an underlying lack of confidence with this name.
  • For the same reason, many times you procrastinate over making decisions.
  • The name Rodger creates the urge to be friendly and diplomatic, but we point out that it limits your versatility and vision, tuning you to technical details.
  • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid and elimination system.

Ange:

• Your name of Ange makes you very idealistic and generous, with the strong desire to uplift humanity leading you into situations where you can express your desire to serve others.
  • You want to assume responsibilities and to look after people; however, you can become too involved in other people's problems and tend to worry.
  • Your name gives you a natural desire to express along artistic and musical lines.
  • You desire a settled home and family life, and are expressive and attentive to your loved ones.
  • Although the name Ange creates the urge to be reliable and responsible, we emphasize that it causes an emotional intensity that is hard to control.
  • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the nervous system, worry, and mental tension.

slik_kitty responded:
interesting how some of it hits the mark even though it is my pseudonym.

bpcookie replied to slik_kitty's response:
I cant believe that I found the name Snowy

and also Bildo. Two names that I would never had thought they would have

bpcookie responded:
  • Your first name of Michelle has made you a hard worker with a meticulous sense of detail.
  • You have a great deal of patience and independence, and you can be relied upon to complete your undertakings.
  • You could be inventive along scientific or practical lines.
  • You are stable, trustworthy, homeloving, and logical in practical matters, but rather unresponsive to suggestions from others.
  • You resist change.
  • Although the name Michelle creates the urge to be creative and original, we emphasize that it limits your versatility and scope, tuning you to technical details.
  • This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses and accidents to the head, and the elimination system.

skypper replied to bpcookie's response:
accidents to the head and elimination systems??? BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAA omg! toooo funny!

the rest is sort of accurate-ish, hehehehehee

ibex7 responded:
Remarkable, Cookie! As long as I can remember, I've had a habit of pizzing ppl off and having them tell me I was full of spit.

Do you think maybe plastic underpants are in my future??? Thanks for the free psychiatric help, Sweetie.

Indiaguerita replied to bpcookie's response:
Mine is exactly correct. That's amazing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Over 40 & B/P is basically under control with min. meds after 20 years of screwing around with them. I wish for little bursts of Hypo mania, anyt...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
Don't eat yellow snow. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.