Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Swollen eyelid for a week, help?
BipolarDisorder2 posted:
I woke up last Monday morning with my R upper eyelid swollen. Throughout the day it got better, and has gotten progresively better, but hasn't quit being swollen entirely. It's usually at it's worst in the morning, right when I wake up (which is about 80% better than before), buuut it's still a tad swollen throughout the day. It's not infected and it doesn't hurt or itch, but it's getting ANNOYING!

Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

*HUGS*

bpcookie responded:
my guess would be that you have a clogged eye duct or even a clogged eye lash hole thingy (what ever they call it). Wash your eye lid real good with warm water twice a day. Then put a warm wash cloth over it before you go to bed at night. See if that helps. :)
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

BipolarDisorder2 replied to bpcookie's response:
*GASP* Thaaaanks :)

How are you doing, btw?

<3

BipolarDisorder2 replied to BipolarDisorder2's response:
I emailed my Great Grandpa to see what he thinks...he's an optimologist so I'm really hoping he's like yup, it's this and this and here's what you do....haven't heard from him yet LOL

bpcookie replied to BipolarDisorder2's response:
Im not well yet. I have been keeping very very still today. It seems to be helping a bit. Tomorrow I have a Dr.s apt. with a different Dr. Wish me luck.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

BipolarDisorder2 replied to bpcookie's response:
GOOD LUCK COOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*hugs*

imbabydoll responded:
Hello
I know your going to say I'm nuts but..... oh wait I am nuts so this is going to be ok. So here goes Preparation H
I know, I know, but it takes swelling down around the eyes well Do not get it in you eyes But really it does work
good luck
ibbabydoll

BipolarDisorder2 replied to imbabydoll's response:
Thanks, babydoll ;p I think it's more than just a weird thing...IDK though. I have a stye now on my lower lid (which I always treat w/ a warm washcloth. They go away in 24 hours, no big deal) and my upper is doing better, still no oidea what's causing it...

Spotlight: Member Stories

I live in Los Angeles, in the great state of California. You know, the one with the "Governator". I have been married to a very sweet man ...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
Don't eat yellow snow. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.