Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Soo Incrediably Depressed!!
depressedperson posted:
Hey guys, im really depressed. Im a young teen and i cant stop thinking about suicide. Everything is annoying and i hate myself. I dont see a point in life and i really need help. I dont cut even though its tempting and i just dont know what else to do. :((((
FirstPrevious12NextLast

depressedperson responded:
oh yeaa i almost forgot......plz give me advice...lol

bentandbroken replied to depressedperson's response:
Hey there kiddo.i have a 16yo and a 12yo with bipolar,as do I.Speaking from experience, you need to let your parents know how your doing.If your affraid theyll flip out about the suicide thoughts,just tell them your really depressed and think you should see a doctor. at my house we all 3 struggle during the winter with depression.It starts in October and stays till March just like clockwork.your not alone. Just get the word out how your feeling,is really helps to get things like that off your chest.If you cant talk to your parents find someone to talk to about it.But somehow you need to let your parents know,even if you need a friend to aproach them for you.Everyone on this site has been through the same thing,trust me.Weve all gotten through it or we wouldnt be here. Let me know what you think.you can say anything here and we wont flip out about it.
royce
CAUTION : I make bad decisions.........

depressedperson replied to bentandbroken's response:
thanks! that really comforts me. i have told my mom, older brother, friends, and even my cousin about this, but they just dont know what to say! im just soo confused and i cant stop thinking about suicide. its like craving a cookie when someone is eating it right in front of you. i dont cut but thats even more tempting. i dont know, but my family hasnt considered me being bipopular. i just dont see the point of life anymore! :((

bpcookie responded:
OMG, I am so very very sorry that I didnt see this post until now. You poor thing.

I have been ill so I havent been around very much.

If you ever feel suicidal pls call the suicide hot line. Ive had to do something like that once.

Also, this board is a member created board, so it can be very very slow at times. It may help to post on the main Bipolar Support Board. There are more ppl there who will see your post much much sooner. Dont get me wrong, you are totally welcomed to post here. If your not already a member on that board, then here is the addy.

http://exchanges.webmd.com/bipolar-disorder-exchange

I hope you are doing much much better now. Take care of yourself.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

Dyanne48jj replied to depressedperson's response:
They dont need to 'say' anything sweetie, they need to 'do' something. You tell them to take you to a doctor! Sometimes its hard, even for a parent to understand depression especially with their own child. They may think its a 'typical teenage depression MINUTE" which is not your case. You need medical help, no different than if you broke your wrist and needed a doctor.
I for one am very proud of the fact that you have admitted it to yourself, told your family and even told us. That shows that you do indeed have a mature grip and just need the help now.
Please please dont cut. It will NOT help and will only leave additional scars of a bad time in your life.
hey just dont cut because Cookie, Royce and I dont want you too ;)
btw.. have you called that suicide hotline yet like cookie said? Trust me, it will help as she said.
Take care of you mister!

depressedperson replied to bpcookie's response:
THNX! Im not sure if im bi-popular....i dont take mads 4 it or anything. but i dont know how my family would react 2 this.....i dont think they understand what i mean by depressed.i started uncontrollably crying in front of my mom like 2 times, when i told her about my suicidal thoughts, she got pissed off and even yelled a little, then she tried to convince me but it was like... yes mom i know this...it was like she was telling me that the sky is blue....its like yeaa mom i know... im the 1 going through this!!!!! im just soooooo confused!!!!!

depressedperson replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
that really makes since 2 me... but i also meant do... my mom just talked 2 me like i wuz stupid or some ***t as i mentioned earlier. and im afraid shell freak out if i ask her 2 go 2 a doctor

Hi sweetie, me again.

Your mom may just be in denial or maybe she doesnt understand what depression is.
Do you have a school counselor? sometimes talking to a 3rd party is much easier and they know how to handle things like this. Maybe even just a teacher you like or feel comfortable with.
Dont worry about bipolar or anything else. What you do know is that you are depressed and sweetie there IS so much help out there for you.
If you have not called a suicide line, even just to talk to someone, I strongly suggest you do so, today if possible.
Also since tomorrow is Monday, I suggest you talk to an adult at school. Don't worry, they have heard of situations like this and probably have been able to help others.
Sending you a motherly hug :)
Dyanne

thnx! i think i will call a hot-line...but im not sure... what do u think that my counselor would do.... like what if my parents find out?!?!?

depressedperson replied to depressedperson's response:
just called a hotline.... its soo awkward talking 2 some random stranger! ughhhhh...................... confused!

SO did you talk to them though? You didnt hang up did you? If you did talk, did it help at all, love?
May I ask, how old are you?

Honestly, i am 13. I kinda wimped out and hung up the phone. how old r u? :)

BipolarDisorder2 replied to depressedperson's response:
Babe you are SO young- life is worth living, I promise. Do whatever you need to to be safe...hope all is well

-BipolarDisorder2-

mommaange1 replied to depressedperson's response:
I admire you for being so mature and wanting help. Parents aren't aways easy and sometimes it is hard for them to understand if they do not suffer from depression themselves. A third party like the school councillor (I know I spell good) is a great idea to help the parents understand.

Anyway when my son who is now 14 started to show symptoms, I saw it but I didnt think someone that young could experience such things. My son has a therapist at his school and he actually went to her and she contacted me. Together, the school and I got him the help he needed. It took that third party to open my eyes. My son now takes prozac and is happy as a clam.He sees his school therapist every week and can leave any class anytime to go see her if he is feeling really down etc.

Life is precious...your life is precious.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sixty seven year old bp II, recently retired widower with lots of family love available to me. I escape the stigma of my illness by coming here, where...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 1
these will knock your socks off. snowy finally got her drooling smilie! copy the url below. click on add image above the posting window. ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 42 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.