Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Is this stupid?
Unluckyromantic posted:
So it's valentine's day tomorrow, and I was gonna give this girl I really liked a card. However, I just found out that she's going out with someone else, so should I try and crush my feelings, or just keep letting her know that I'm still interested...also note I'm trying not to be a creep.

Unluckyromantic responded:
Also forgot to add, I'm 18, so that's probably why it seems so immature.

Dyanne48jj replied to Unluckyromantic's response:
Well couple of things to take into consideration. If she is in a relationship, hate to say it but you should step back for now. If when you say 'going out' though you mean, just a date, THAT is different. So it all really depends on what HER situation is, as to what you do.

Just my opinion, but unless you are already close friends I dont think I would do the card thing in case she is in a real relationship. If you are friends, then maybe a humurous card is good, at least she knows you are thinking of her on a special day.

Regardless of what you do, keep it low key. Maybe a box of those lil candy hearts versus a card at all. Makes it more of a haha so no ones feelings get hurt yet lets her know you thought of her.

bpcookie responded:
I totally agree with Dyanne. Also in my opinion, a girl who is already taken, is off limits. She may get angry if you give her a card and Im sure her b/f would get really pissed off. My husband is the jealous type and if someone even gives me a compliment he gets pissed. lol.

Just tread very carefully. You want to keep her as a friend, so bide your time and see if maybe her and her b/f breaks up. Then pounce. ;)
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

Unluckyromantic replied to bpcookie's response:
Dyanne, she is in a relationship, so thx, I'll try to avoid that...and bp, I hear what you're saying, and to be honest, I was thinking the same thing...but I'll see how it goes. I do want to keep her as a friend, so I'll take your pieces of advice into account. Hopefully my chance comes around soon..=D

skypper replied to Unluckyromantic's response:
I was gonna say just go ahead and give her the card, i mean there's nothing wrong with exchanging valentines between friends is there?

Unluckyromantic replied to skypper's response:
There's nothing wrong with it. And I figured I should let you guys in on what course of action I took. I gave her the card, and she found it nice, so hey, there's nothing wrong with that right? So now, I just bide my time, hoping her boyfriend does something horrendous, thus allowing me to step into the picture once again.
Sighs, thank you all for bothering with a stupid boy's dilemma. I appreciate it greatly.

bpcookie replied to Unluckyromantic's response:
Oh Im so glad you let us know what you ended up doing. I was wondering. Hey, if you get lucky, maybe her dorky b/f (we will nick name him that) forgot it was Valentines day.

Your dilemma wasnt stupid. You werent sure what to do so you asked us. Nothing wrong with that. No matter what happens, we will always be here to back you up. :)

Dyanne48jj replied to bpcookie's response:
ditto to what cookie said.
I thought it was very bright that you asked on here actually. You know theres a bunch of 'ready to give advice' ladies onboard haha "Buddies" cant give romance advice like us dudettes ;)

Unluckyromantic replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
Thanks to you both, truly, it's been a great help to me. And yeah, I doubt my dudes could have given advice like you girls did. So please, accept my thanks, and know I'm really grateful. =D

bpcookie replied to Unluckyromantic's response:
no problemo. thats what us chicks are here for. :)

Spotlight: Member Stories

Rapid cycling BP1 and PTSD, with severe depressive episodes. I am on Lamictal and Risperidone.I am 47 yo, and I live in the SF bay area. Very happ...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
Don't eat yellow snow. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.