Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Wanted to share a little of my success...
Indiaguerita posted:
I know there's a weight loss board (to which I am also a member of...) but I thought I would share some of my success that I've had in the last six weeks...

(Should trigger...but I'll put the warning anyways...TRIGGERS possible.)

I have been on a medically supervised diet for the last six weeks. The weight has been melting off. I am waiting for the weight loss to slow down...but as of right now...I have lost 18 pounds.

Yesterday I was getting dressed to go to the gym and my freaking underwear FELL off me!!!!! Then this morning my jeans slipped over my hips with nary a problem.

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!! I could kick myself a little for not getting my a$$ in gear before and getting myself back in shape...but...can't change the past. *SIGH*

Thought'd I share with you guys. I know we Bipolars kind of tend to focus on the negative...but I have been really trying to be more kind to myself. LOL

-LJ
FirstPrevious12NextLast

Indiaguerita responded:
This should *not* trigger...that's what the should have said.

Indiaguerita replied to Indiaguerita's response:
SIGH!!!!!

Sorry for the word "thought'd"....not quite sure what thought'd was supposed to be. LOL

It's late here...

slik_kitty responded:
yay! good work.

bpcookie responded:
I replied to this once already and I dont know what happened to it. ggggrrrrrr

Im so happy for you honey. 18 lbs is a big deal. Its time that you buy yourself a sexy dress, take a pic. and put it up here for us to see.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

Jaimarie_109 responded:
congrats on the weight loss, right about now I could loose 18 pounds myself....what diet are you on?

bpcookie responded:
lllloooovvveeeee the pic. Total sexiness at its finest. I like those sun glasses too. I have a collection.

Indiaguerita replied to bpcookie's response:
Hhhhahahahahhahaha. I love you. You raise my self-esteem 10 points, easily. LOL

People always ask me why I don't smile and I always tell them: Cause I'm going for dark and mysterious. LOL.

-LJ

Indiaguerita replied to Jaimarie_109's response:
Thank you!

I am on a medically supervised diet. It is basically the Diabetes diet. No sugar, low carbs and lots of fresh fruits and veggies.

Basically: Eat healthy and exercise. LOL What doctors have been trying to tell us for years.

-LJ

Jaimarie_109 replied to Indiaguerita's response:
lol your so right, but I swear for some reason I love to eat, so I rather exercise to loose the weight....Ive always been like that, I weight 155 right now, and trying to get rid of this pudge....lol its killin me....some people call it babyfat, from the fact I have a 3month old babygirl , but I miss my flat sexy abs...well goodluck on your diet girl. Maybe in the future I will try the no carb/no sugar diet, but for now im just a pig....lol

Indiaguerita replied to Jaimarie_109's response:
I love food, too. Don't get me wrong. But...I'm 112 pounds overweight and I can't stand it anymore. When my doctor recommended gastric bypass and told me I had high blood pressure, diabetes and back pain at 27 years old...it snapped me into action.

You'll do it when you're ready. Don't worry about it. Having a kid is hard!! I've got three!

-LJ

bpcookie replied to Indiaguerita's response:
When I needed to lose weight I used to buy those low calorie frozen dinners. The portions are small and they taste like crap, but I stuck to it and finally lost the weight. I would be happy though if I could weigh 125 lbs again, but i dont see it happening in my life time.

I love food too. I can eat ANYTHING. I just want to shove food down my throat. lol

I had to fight a little binge eating episode last night.

I found some little candy bars in the fridge and I just stood there staring at them...willing myself to go to bed before they all "jumped" into my mouth. LOL

Luckily...I was able to control myself and had just one. It was a bite-sized Hershey's bar. Delicious...especially considering that I haven't any sugar at all for six weeks now.

*sigh* I miss my dark chocolate so much. LOL

(And my Parliament Lights.)

-LJ

bpcookie replied to Indiaguerita's response:
LOL Right now my metabolism is great and I can eat anything I want but I know that some day it will all catch up with me and I will be looking at those candy bars in the fridge too. I love food ssssoooo much, I love candy, I love cake, I love everything that isnt good for me. So right now Im taking advantage of my metabolism. Kinda weird, everything else on and in my body doesnt work, but my metabolism is the only thing that does. lol

FYI...that profile pic is from today. I actually have jawline now!! I can't wait until I have some cheekbones. LOL.

You're so lucky, Cookie. Seriously. I wish I had that kind of metabolism. My sister and brother got that gift. I'm stuck with fat genes. :{

-LJ

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hey. My name is Robin. I am from NC. I live on a farm. I have a 22 year ald son. I am a rapid cycling bipolar. I have been off and off meds for 20 plu...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 1
these will knock your socks off. snowy finally got her drooling smilie! copy the url below. click on add image above the posting window. ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 42 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.