Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
MOTHERS DAY PLANS......
Jaimarie_109 posted:
Well you all know mothers day is sunday, I want to know what everyone is doing for their mothers on this very specail day? Well I want to do something diffrerent this year, so im going to take my mother to this real expensive spa, and let her get all that specail attention she deserves......please share your mother day plans with me.....cant wait to hear all the exciting plans.....thanks!

HeidiSue3 responded:
For my mother I am running far away and once I get that far away I think I might change directions and run even further away. Obviously we have no relationship and have little to no hope of having one.

I do believe sadly enough that my husband and girls have forgotten so nothing will be happening around here about Mothers day. But be damned if I forget Fathers day or even think about forgetting about it.

Jaimarie_109 replied to HeidiSue3's response:
Wow, thats crazy, but I guess some peole just dont have that close of relationship with their mothers, but hell, everyday is mothers day, so it doesnt take one special day to make a mother feel like she is a mother right? Well I hope u enjoy your mothers day anyways, even though you and your mother doesnt have a close relationship, and if your husband even thinks about not getting you anything, were just going to have to kick his *** (u know what)...lol :-) well cheer up sweetie, its nothing that fantastic about mothers day, its a regular day like all the other ones. And I dowant to personally wish you a happy mothers day. Because I know you are one heck of a mother :-)

bpcookie replied to HeidiSue3's response:
aaaawwwwww so sorry to hear that honey. I really do hope they remember.

I wonder if my daughter is going to remember.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

margaroo replied to bpcookie's response:
I work Saturday night, so my husband and I usually go out to a early breakfast at a local place. Nothing fancy, but great hot cakes.

My mother-in-law, the best MIL in the world, lives in Colorado, so we sent her flowers.

My mom passed away years ago, so I will be remembering all the good things she did. The night of my junior prom was the night before mother's day, but she wanted me to have a "after prom" party. I helped as much as I could, but there was still a lot to do when I left for the prom. At 4 am we arrived at my house and it was spotless and my mom had eggs, bacon, OJ, coffee, doughnuts, etc for everyone. One of the guys fell asleep and would not wake up, so my mom had to throw some water on his face. It was so funny!

Thanks mom, as I told you before, I will only remember the good times. A few years ago I found out her doctor thought she might have been BP, I instantly understood the problems we had.

Love to all the BP moms, we all do our best.

Maggie

Jaimarie_109 replied to margaroo's response:
Sorry to hear about your late mother, and im sure she wants you to enjoy your mothers day even though she's not here. Its great that you have all good memories of your mother, you should keep it that way, and I hope your mothers day goes well. Stay blessed sweetheart, and thanks for your feedback!
***Jai'Marie

Dyanne48jj replied to margaroo's response:
Ah Maggie I loved hearing that story.

I am in my own lil hell as is every time this year. MD is the 8th, my Mama's bday is the 9th. I lost her in 1999.

Isnt it amazing how it seems like 100 years ago yet it seems like only yesterday???

Now that I live in Canada I cant go 'visit' her at the cemetary. Previously I made an afternoon of it sitting in the sun and talking to her and watching all the others visiting their loved ones. It gave me a peace of sorts.

Any way to Jai'Marie, THAT is the perfect gift. My most proud moment and my Mothers best MD and Bday was when I sent her for a full day of pampering. When I picked her up and took her home, I had decorated, bought flowers & presents & cake to greet her. Then took her out to dinner with about 20 family and friends.

J... hold on to your Mum tightly, give her flowers 'just because', never hang up the phone without ending with "I love you"

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are Mother's and to all of you who act like Mothers, we count too!

Dyanne48jj replied to margaroo's response:
Ah Maggie I loved hearing that story.
I am in my own lil hell as is every time this year. MD is the 8th, my Mama's bday is the 9th. I lost her in 1999.

Isnt it amazing how it seems like 100 years ago yet it seems like only yesterday???

Now that I live in Canada I cant go 'visit' her at the cemetary. Previously I made an afternoon of it sitting in the sun and talking to her and watching all the others visiting their loved ones. It gave me a peace of sorts.

Any way to Jai'Marie, THAT is the perfect gift. My most proud moment and my Mothers best MD and Bday was when I sent her for a full day of pampering. When I picked her up and took her home, I had decorated, bought flowers & presents & cake to greet her. Then took her out to dinner with about 20 family and friends.

J... hold on to your Mum tightly, give her flowers 'just because', never hang up the phone without ending with "I love you"

Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are Mother's and to all of you who act like Mothers, we count too!

Dyanne48jj replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
sorry guys, it said it didnt post the first time. also here is a poem meant for a mama:

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep, loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.
-Elizabeth Kibler-Ross

Jaimarie_109 replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
lol, thats okay you posted twice.....I think computers have a mind of their own sometimes. So your mother is also not here with you. And im so sorry for your lost, as I told the lady above, she is still with you every moment of the day, so dont for one minute think your alone. Im not sure if your a mother or not, but I do wish you a happy mothers day anyways, Im pretty sure your somewhat like a mother to some lucky person/people out there....and thanks for your response :-)

bpcookie replied to margaroo's response:
What a wonderful memory honey. I hope you have a wonderful mothers day. muahs

ibex7 responded:
Goat's family will take Momma Nannygoat, 93, to the local smorgasbord for a family feed. Sister Ninnygoat, 70, will be in town, and Greygoat, 64 will emcee the event.

Dinner should take about 2 1/2 hours . . . we graze languidly.

Yes, our family is responsible for Social Security going bankrupt!

Hoping all the groupies have their Moms, (or memories of their mothers), to share a little love with today. - ibex

slik_kitty replied to ibex7's response:
sounds like a wonderful mother's day goat.

bpcookie replied to ibex7's response:
LMAO oh goat, you crack me up. bbbbaaaaahhhhh bbbbaaahh

margaroo replied to Dyanne48jj's response:
That is a beautiful poem.

I have a friend who is in counseling and her tdoc wanted some of the key players in this woman's life to write what made her special. I will include this poem with my letter.

Thanks,

Maggie

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 34 with bp. on seroquel, prozac, geodon and buspar. stable as of right now. i have two boys 15 & 10 who are my world.

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.