Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Hi All
sledge17 posted:
I am new to this group but I can be in a sad mood, happy mood, grumpy etc etc. The group sounds like fun and I certainly need some fun in my life; I have bipolar disorder, severe depression and to make matters worse I have panic/anxiety attacks. Dont that beat all I was diagnosed in 2009 I always wondered what was wrong with me but I worked through it and moved on until I had a breakdown In 2009 then I couldnt go on any longer couldnt just put it behind me and hide from my emotions, depression and the ups and downs of being biporlar.

Well just wanted to say hi and hopefully chat with you sometime in the near future.

Maggie

ibex7 responded:
Welcome, Maggie

I can tell you are an extremely authentic individual because you admit to wondering what is wrong with me? The rest of us here are those who are concerned with what do I do about it now that I know I'm bipolar?

Looking forward to hearing more from you about how you cope and advice for us, too. Best wishes - Ibex

slik_kitty responded:
welcome to the board. it isn't very busy here, but it's the place to have fun when people are around. have you checked out the bipolar support community? more traffic there and on occasion, some fun. lol

sledge17 replied to ibex7's response:
Thanks for welcoming me; I greatly appreciate it that. I dont really know what to do about being bipolar my life has been turned upside down and no one seems to get that. My parents believe well gee you are alive you should be happy but that isnt enough for me. I just take a lot of meds; read lot, watch tv and listen to music. I thought coming on here and meeting some friends would help me deal. Please dont think I have this beet I am just realistic about my illenesses and that there is nothing I can do about it now. I have to look at it as a life change and a new start (a bad start) to a new chapter.

Tell Me about yourself and how you try to cope. Maybe I can give you a few pointers (possibly) lol.

Sledge

sledge17 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Thanks glad to be hear here. I doesnt really matter if it isnt busy its a place to open up or at least try to open up to what i am and have been going through. I dont really have any friends and my family doesnt understand what is wrong with me when I am crying, or I dont want to talk or I may be in a bad mood so I just stay in my room (sanctuary) which is all I have.

I look forward to some fun and laughs I dont get that often.

sledge

IrwinsLady responded:
Hey Maggie, welcome. i know exactly how you feel, i was diagnosed in Jan of 2009 and it isnt fun.
Am I just paranoid or am I just stoned. by Green Day, song: Basketcase

sledge17 replied to ibex7's response:
Truthfully I dont know what to do; I spend my days wondering what will today bring for me and what will it be like. I try to be positive but sometimes it is hard with the ups and downs. Thank God that I have great doctors who are willing to go the extra mile for me. I am scared about the future and what will it bring for me; will there be someone out there that will understand my problems and accept me for who I am. I take about 9 different pills a day including lots of vitamins; my psych doctor says that these vitamins help with your mental stability. How I cope is a hard question cause sometimes I cant cope so I just go to bed usually early in the evening cause I cant deal with it anymore. I have what is called Night Terrors and around 6:pm every night I start freaking out and even though the Bipolar is there my anxiety/panic attacks and the night terrors are harder to deal with then anything else. Try to be positive talk to your doctor about taking some vitamins that promote good mental health. It has helped me alot. I also take Deplin which with my bipolar meds helps add to the affect of my bipolar meds. Take care and hope to hear from you so I know how you are doing. Maggie

sledge17 replied to slik_kitty's response:
Hi there: Thanks for the welcome. Yes I checked out the Bipolar section and you are right there is definetly more traffic there then in other groups. I am still trying to learn my way around here; and having some fun is something I need.

Thanks again, Maggie

sledge17 replied to IrwinsLady's response:
Thanks for the welcome; you are right it isnt fun whatsoever; the thing i have noticed the most is how people treat you when they find out you have a mental illness its as if you have some disease that they are going to catch.

Sometimes I wish I was stoned cause maybe it would help me relax a bit more and not feel like a caged animal the majority of the time.

Take care, Maggie

IrwinsLady replied to sledge17's response:
i can understand that. but once you get on the right medications im sure you will start feeling more like your old self again. it took me two years of trial and error but i finally got something that works. im on Trileptal, Saphris ( cuz im also Schizoaffective ), and we are still trying to find a good antidepressant. I was on Trazadone but i couldnt function. Anyway hugs.
Am I just paranoid or am I just stoned. by Green Day, song: Basketcase

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 34 with bp. on seroquel, prozac, geodon and buspar. stable as of right now. i have two boys 15 & 10 who are my world.

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.