Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Grumpy...
melly2210 posted:
Ok...I got approved for SS. FINALLY. Gathering info for payment for the kids' etc. Disagreement with what should be done with the back payments for them. Ex wants all the cash. Go figure. He'll put it in accounts. Yeah right. Thinking CD's and I'll handle that. GRRRR!

And of course everyone around me has an opinion about what I should do with my payment too. I swear. It's neverending. Go without and life is hard. Get the cash and more crappola evolves. Just tired....tired of everyone else's opinion. And boy it gets voiced even when I haven't asked for it.

mommaange1 responded:
I also get SS and the kids get a portion until they turn 18. Ex is not entitled to the money because you are are in charge of their money since it your SS and have to report each year how you handled the money. You are entitled to all the money.He has no claim and cant even file taxes on it unless you were married

melly2210 replied to mommaange1's response:
Yeah...he's not getting a dime. He actually wants me to put it in the kids' savings accounts which has his name, the boys' names and his mom's name on it. Ummmmm.....NOPE. Maybe the monthly payment, but I'm thinking maybe not on that too. Backpayments are coming to me. This way I have it. He proposed allowing the boys to go shopping (with him of course) for a larger present from me. Fine. But if anyone is shopping with them, it'll be me. I want that joy of seeing them pick out something big after years of nothing. People's selfishness just simply amazes me. And yeah, I know I'm prolly being selfish too, but I've earned that after 3 years of separation and not getting to contribute anything much to their lives. <huge sigh>

I didn't know I reported that on my taxes each year. Lovely! Thanks for the info....woooohooo! And I got no problem explaining what I did for the kids with the money.

bpcookie responded:
good for you honey. You know what needs to be done with the money, dont let anyone else tell you different. Take care and hugs
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.