Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
I am so upset I missed my foot appt
mercygive posted:
SOB-SOB-SOB -B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B-B GR-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R-R I missed my foot appointment, the receptionist told me I misunderstood the directions (new office) when I got there a half an hour late, after I drove for an hour and got lost, and finally found it. I started screaming to the top of my lungs when I realized I was lost. I cussed and drove and honked because there still room for ass holes to pull up so I can get through all the lights-s-s-s-s-s-s-s-s. I did not do my breathing exercises. I thought I got it all out before I finally found it and walked into their office, and then I let go-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o. Poor receptionist, she said she didn't take it personally, we rescheduled for next Monday, she offered me a piece of chocolate, no I've already had 3 today, she said you know it's just a comedy of errors, drive safely. I cried all the way home.
I am going to call their office tomorrow after I've calmed down. Let's see if the doctor will charge me comedy of errors ca-ching, ca-ching for lost appointment. If so I will have to take out of savings. Hubby will ask me 'are they going to charge us for your missed appointment?' So, must pretend to be asleep when he get home and lay in bed until 12 or 1 am until I fall asleep — that's a long time to be still. I feel so childish, but I just can't handle a money argument right now. OMG I hope they don't charge me because I haven't met my deductible yet.

ibex7 responded:
Seems like you could use a little empathy after your missed appointment with the foot Dr. My little tale is of the opposite extreme. (I have never done this before)

Tuesday I woke at 8AM after not sleeping until dawn. I found my DoToday note to call the VA Hospital to renew orders for my meds and, voila, prescriptions for my two BP meds had expired. The secretary was kind enough to make an emergency appointment for me with the Pdoc for 9AM Wednesday, so that a new script could be written. Relieved, I went back to bed for some well needed shut-eye.

At one PM I woke in a totally confused state. MY GOD, I OVERSLEPT !! (Thinking it was overnight and I had missed my 9AM with the Pdoc). I jumped up, did a quick dressing job, and drove cross town to the VA. Still holding my empty bottles for meds, I approached the secretary and apologized for missing my morning appointment.

" Mr. Burns," she said," I just made that appointment for you this morning. Today is Tuesday!"

My Pdoc had left for the day, so I would have to come back on Wednesday. I was so humiliated for being so stoopid!

Luckily, there was no charge for being dumb, this time. Hope you can forgive yourself like I had to. Best wishes. - goat
There are times you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

mercygive replied to ibex7's response:
Goat — Thank you for sharing your 'comedy of errors' vignette. I laughed when I read yours — hope you don't mind. lol It could've been worse, you could've redlined 'to call' as in 'done did it'. So sorry you had to make an extra trip.

I did feel so stoopid yesterday and embarrassed because I let my emotions get the best of me, and I released my anxiety out onto an innocent receptionist. The good news is my foot doctor didn't ca-ching me for the missed appointment. On another note: Do you think they let me off the hook because I listed my meds Celexa and Lamictal on my new patient questionnaire and backed it up with my attitude? lol Just thinking maybe I could continue to make that work in my favor!
Ya think

Thanks again for empathy and have a great weekend
Mercy

bpcookie responded:
Oh you poor sweet heart. You sound like me when I get lost. I get so frustrated and pissed off that I start to drive like a maniac. Then all that anger causes me to start crying. uuuggghh.

You know, they may not charge you. Its not like you didnt show up because you forgot or didnt feel like coming in, what happened was an accident. Ive only ever had a Dr. charge me one time for not showing up.

I hope it all turns out in your favor honey. Big hugs
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

bpcookie replied to mercygive's response:
You calling those other drivers "ass holes" reminds me of a temper tantrum I had one day. I was in a hurry cause I was on my way to the tdocs but needed to stop for gas. Pull up to a pump, swipe my card and nothing happened. I did it a few more times and I was pushing buttons and getting more and more pissed off. Im cussing out loud and having a fit and Im sure the other ppl pumping gas thought I would go postal. So I push the button for the attendant who is sitting inside and I was sssssoooo pissed off and blinded by anger that the instant I pushed the button I immediately forgot that I pushed it. I flipped off the gas pump and screamed "FFFFFF***************** YYYYOOOUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!". Marched inside huffing and puffing and while I was paying the clerk he was giving me this*look*. I was confused. *shrug*

So as Im driving to the tdocs I realized that the poor attendant must have thought I was flipping him off and screaming "FFF*** YYYOOUU" at him. I just started cracking up.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

mercygive replied to bpcookie's response:
Cookie-Cookie

Oh-h-h-h-, you flipped off a gas attendant and he thought that job was gonna be so easy LMAO. A song just popped in my head "Make someone happy" You'll have to take me for a drive in your 'red' mustang was it? I, intentionally, got a white vehicle thinking that I would be less likely to be pulled over by the police. Good thing they don't install breathlizers for panic attacks or I wouldn't make it out of my driveway hehehe

mercygive replied to mercygive's response:
Oh, I just realized you flipped off the gas pump but the attendant thought you meant it for him and he heard you through the speaker - you were both dazed and confused - very funny lol

ibex7 replied to bpcookie's response:
Funny story. LOL You earn 5 cool points to use the next time you get P****D OFF. - goat
There are times you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 34, single mom of 3 yr. old. I live in the NW... I paint and do anything else that has to do with art. (Sewing, crafts, beads, cards, scrapboo...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.