Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Dunno if I am ADHD, Bipolar, Depressed, or what.. Someone please help.
beggerforstability posted:
Okay, so, I have a nagging mental condition. I have been diagnosed bipolar however, I feel that is a drop in the bucket. I have a severe depressive disorder, where I procrastinate everything, am addicted to all kinds of bad habits, constantly fatigued, lazy and unmotivated when I have every reason to be motivated, have problems with addiction, obsessive, wont get off the couch sometimes even to take care of bathroom responsibilities, cast away acts of responsibilties to the wind, but have every desire to change all of the above, and no motivation to put plan to foot. My family thinks I may have thyroid disorder, ADHD, or some other disease. My blood tests show inconclusive on thyroid disorder, I dont have a problem paying attention. I pay too much attention in most cases. I recently found and lost the love of my life in a psychology professor, and upon telling her about having a cocaine addiction because it brought me clarity of thought, she also thought I might have ADHD. I have talked to so many doctors, and so many people about trying to resolve the issues, I find myself more lost and out of control. I have been prescribed meds down the list, Prozac, Celexa, Welbutrin, Abilify, Seroquil, etc.. Nothing seems to help. I need a firecracker under my butt, and not sure how to find it. Is it so obvious that it is ADHD or am I just seeking that it be something to put an answer to it? I have come to the point where I would volunteer at a university to be a test subject. I guess in some areas, I noticed that I do have problems somewhat with attention.. When I was a child, I loathed doing homework. I was always a GREAT test taker. Did the work in the class.. but when I went home, didnt do anything but play. Reading, I would have to typically re-read everything. I am a speed reader, but couldnt retain the knowledge of everything I read. And especially lately, I am bored with many things I shouldnt be bored with. I have been labeled as over analytical. I put too much focus on things, and not enough on others. I have a hard time finishing tasks I start. I understand music and musical progression better than most, but yet cant train myself to understand every facet of chord theory and how to play it in sync with a mathematical certainty because I feel that music has to have more depth than just practice put to an organized conclusiveness. I play cards, and can understand the math of probability better than most, if not all, of the people I play with or against, but cant achieve all of the time because of over analysis and stubborness. I can continue on and on, I can type really fast, have racing thoughts more often than not. Have a hard time handwriting things out because I think too fast and dont write fast enough to capture my thoughts

ibex7 responded:
Am hoping your post is for a little recognition, and no specific advice. I don't have any. I do sympathize with nearly all your complaints except. My mother wasted an awful lot of money on me for piano lessons.

I was sure I had the math concept of playing cards, butt it didn't work out in Vegas and the counting cards scheme cost me too much to learn.

Speed reading puts me to sleep quickly, hence, I call it speed reading-speed napping.

I would like to see you speak of your life less in the past tense, and more in the present and future. I'm no good at long term planning, butt I do make plans to see friends and do things with them.

Well then, welcome to the Groupies and my best wishes to you.
There are times you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

bprobin replied to ibex7's response:
hhey there. i havent been on here in a couple yrs. i remember bbeing where you are at. i have been taking invega and i swear bby it. it seems to have took the place of drugs for me. i use to sself medicate myself. i can say that i have came a long way. i know have a peace of mind and am thankful for it. hope things work out for you soon.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder in November 2010. I'm currently on Lithium (300mg 3x/day) and have been seeing a therapist since August 2010...More

Helpful Tips

webmd smilies!
got these from caprice! : smile : : grin : : sillygrin : : eek : : lightsmile : : sheepish : : frown : : angry : : ... More
Was this Helpful?
15 of 29 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.