Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Facebook is a funny thing
mommaange1 posted:
No one gets my sarcastic humor.So I give up on facebook. Even my hubby don't get it. My husband thinks I am jealous of the mother of his daughter. She was 15 when they had the baby. All because I was teasing him about sending her messages that didn't relate to his daughter. He is certain that I think he is running away with her and even told me to call her and ask. Durp, he is so nuts and doesn't get sarcasm. Apparently I am to quirky for people and they take me serious. I told them I was sorry for offending people and was leaving til I can be nice.

Then again facebook is funny. If you remember my mom passed in Feb and now my dad is facebooking his old girlfriend from high school in which he had her name tattooed on his arm for over 30 plus years. Anyhow, she now thinks I am her best friend and keeps chatting me up. Today I asked my dad if he had my bowls because they were missing. She replied that she needed glasses because she thought I said my bowels were missing.

I have to admit I am a facebook junkie and have to get my fix 50,000 times a day. Lord, I even chat with my 15yr old's girlfriend probably more then he does.

I think I am gonna lay low. I put an evil eye as my profile pic to get my point across. Unfortunately no one will find the humor in that either.

Angel

bpcookie responded:
LOL re- evil eye. Ya know, I dont think I would like my hubby talking to his X wife about other things that dont pertain to his son. There is a line that you just dont cross. You can be friendly but not too friendly, ya know what Im saying?

Anyways, nobody seems to get my sense of humor either. My family has actually thought I was being rude when I was really just joking. My husband also has a hard time telling if Im joking or serious. *shrug*. Maybe I should become an actress.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

mommaange1 replied to bpcookie's response:
Now today some old girlfriend called him and they sat and giggled for like an hour. He put his phone number in his FB profile. I was trying not to be aggravated but I was in the kitchen scrubbing around the sink and counter with a toothbrush trying not to listen but listening all the less. I suggestion of meeting up bugs me. Am I overreacting?

sandtiger replied to mommaange1's response:
Dude, that part is so not over-reacting, at least in my opinion ... your hubby suggesting meeting up with an old GF? Unless they've been BFFs since forever, I'd question it. (Well, in my mood right now, I'd probably be ripping him a new one ... I'm kind of in a testy/feisty mood this morning)

Definitely, I'd bring my feelings up to his attention, and ask him how he'd feel if things were in reverse. His kid's other mother is one thing ... an old GF who called up out of the blue? Meh.

~ San
:Living is more than just being alive: ~ Anberlin

bpcookie replied to mommaange1's response:
You are NOT overreacting at all. This is how problems start in a marriage. You need to nip it in the bud right now. If you feel that he is crossing the line, then you need to stop this now. If you are ever feeling uncomfortable with anything your husband does or with anyone he is talking with, as his wife, you have the right to put a stop to it. The longer this goes on, the harder it will be to stop it. If all of his actions are innocent, then he should have no problem adhering to your wishes, if he argues about it, then his actions probably weren't all that innocent after all.

Time to do some bitch slapping honey.

bpcookie replied to sandtiger's response:
LMAO Sand, I would do the same thing. I would be kicking my husband azz all over the place and I would be going bipolar all over the girls azz too.

melly2210 replied to mommaange1's response:
Now see...I'm totally opposite. If they met up, it would be no big deal to me. For me, I either trust him to honor those vows or not. And if he doesn't, then there is no point in being married. I've never really been worried on this front. I maintain long-term friendships with a few of my ex's, but I'd never ever entertain re-entering a romantic relationship with them. The way I see it, they are ex's for a reason and there's no point in rediscovering that reason.

Spotlight: Member Stories

i'm 34 with bp. on seroquel, prozac, geodon and buspar. stable as of right now. i have two boys 15 & 10 who are my world.

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 1
these will knock your socks off. snowy finally got her drooling smilie! copy the url below. click on add image above the posting window. ... More
Was this Helpful?
22 of 42 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.