Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Had a cognitive test today. It S ucked
Anon_41638 posted:
Kid you not. It sucked. All I can say is I hate puzzles, so there is no way I could even score a normal on this....

ddnos responded:
Did you complete the entire test? I had to have cognitive testing done a year ago and it took around 10-12 hrs (done over 2 days) and then the NeuroPsychologist went over the results with me and then wrote a 20 page report that I was able to have. The testing that I did was not exclusively puzzles, but it did have some.

What were you being tested for, if you don't mind my asking? I was being tested because I was having some cognitive problems at the time and they wanted to make sure there wasns't any brain damage. So I had a specific MRI as well as cognitive testing. WEll, the results of the cognitive part showed that I didn't have any damage, but it clearly showed my already diagnosed and known learning disability - but that's not what I was being tested for. So that's why I asked what specifically you were being tested for. Just because you have dificulty with puzzles does not mean that you would not test out "normal" for the specifica area you are being tested for. I'd be interested to know if you are willing to share.

Debbie

bpcookie replied to ddnos's response:
Im sorry for changing the subject but, Debbie where have you been? I missed you sssssoooo much. Good to see ya honey. hugs
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

sandhya60 replied to ddnos's response:
yeah lengthy and yes, more than just puzzles, and yeah my report was as long as gone with the wind....I felt like it was a job interview, turns out they snuck in the IQ test, they tell you no IQ test involved before hand..but come on...I figured out it was in there when I took it..

results essentially "above average intelligence", and some short term memory deficit,,(yeah, I know I dont need someone telling me I have been ADHD for 52 years lol)...

went for memory and speech problems and persistent body aches and balance problems

to add to my neurology results...she found I had no need to be concerned cognitively..
when I told her I had the "depression" test many times for civil service psych exams..she stated.."Ah Hah! you know how to take those tests" yeah she is right about that one...otherwise..the mri, neurology and test packet is complete, now to the doc with it all...

mercygive replied to ddnos's response:
Hi Debbie

I hope you see this. Regarding cognitive tests, did you do any audio or visual testing? I ask because I am having some bizarre experiences. I've had them for a long time, but lately they are getting worse and more frequent. My initial post 'Mind to Mush' on the main board kind of explains it. I read about 'ADP' Audio Disorder Processing and my symptoms sort of match that, but I will ask my pdoc on my next appt. Just wondering if you had heard of this exam for cognitive testing.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Sixty seven year old bp II, recently retired widower with lots of family love available to me. I escape the stigma of my illness by coming here, where...More

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
Was this Helpful?
17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.