Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
All I Want For Christmas Is........could be triggering
bpcookie posted:
List 10 things that you want for Christmas

1. A new Va-gii-gii

2. Better heath

3. To go on vacation to Hawaii

4. Pay off our house

5. Take a trip to England so that my husband can visit his family

6. A 2 million dollar winning lottery ticket. Don't need more than 2, I'm not greedy.

7. Another dog for my dog to play with

8. Find the cure for Vulvodynia so that of those women won't have to suffer any more

9. Buy my daughter a Mustang

10. Can of root beer.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

jselleck responded:
1. A cure for back pain and better treatment options for Bipolar.

2. A new car with a back seat!!!

3. A part time job so we can pay for the new car.

4. Enough money so we can safely pay our bills without hardship.

5. For my family to understand why I miss them and why I want to come home to visit. Two years is way too long to be apart.

6. For the money to make said trip comfortably and without strain on my family's nerves and well being.

7. For continued health for my father and eventually a cure for cancer.

8. Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards Man.

monkeybee replied to jselleck's response:
Aww...is it entirely crazy if the still super sensitive me almost teared up at your posts? I hope these nonselfish requests are answered for you both.

Cookie: Va-gii-gii? I love it. I know you were serious but the description made me lol! Also, if you win a 25 million dollar lottery will you send me some?

JSelleck, I feel your pain on a lot of those and I hope it gets easier for you. By the way, I've noticed you post before you're in IN. That kind of makes me your neighbor. I'm from KY.

monkeybee replied to monkeybee's response:
Nevermind JSelleck...I just saw on another post you said you're near BFW. I don't know where I got IN? Merry Christmas anyway to you both!

jselleck replied to monkeybee's response:
I'm from Indiana, and most of my family is still there. I've mentioned both states several times. I moved to Texas 8 years ago this Feb to follow my husband who was my boyfriend at the time. We've been married 6 1/2 years now. What part of KY do you live in?? My good friend Josh has family near Paducha (spelling???) Also I used to go to Louisville to.shop all the time. My hometown is about 20 minutes west of there on I-64. Hope you have a Merry Christmas. And no, I think it's perfectly okay to tear up over anything that moves you. My father is actually doing well. He's been in remission from Lymphoma since March, and his last blood workup showed promising news. His white count is finally up where the doctors' want it to be, so hopefully he'll stop catching every little bug that he comes in contact with. (fingers crossed.) Merry Christmas to you and yours and best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year.

J

bpcookie replied to monkeybee's response:
Monkey honey, If I win 25 million, I will not only send you some of it, I will also buy you a new va-gii-gii too. A woman can never have too many va-gii-gii's. lol

• Trigger* I'm from Louisville, born and raised, and my husband and I are still here. I also am a "good Christian girl" who recently lost my mind. Oh the stigma there...especially since the losing my mind part involved God and demons. That's one of the reasons I love this board and have told only 3 people (including my hubs) about my illness in my life. I'm supposed to be this together goody two shoes. My new counselor asked "Do you think you went too far in the opposite direction and now you're burnt out?" Uhhh, yeah. I am a believer though. Too bad other people got to witness my almost comical break. The one person (who I love very much) who witnessed most of what happened told me that fear took over and lack of faith caused this relapse. For months, I was clearly out of my mind and she never once suggested I get help other than prayer and I, of course, did not realize how out of my mind I was until I came down. I just kept getting worse as a result. Sometimes people in the church have such closed views on mental illness. Oh well, I'll stop rambling now. It helps me remember to take my meds...that I need to take them, lol.

I am sorry to hear about your father. I am glad he is doing well and hope he is able to enjoy the holidays. My heart hurts for you.

I hope you have a merry Christmas too and a Happy New Year!
  •  
    monkeybee replied to bpcookie's response:
    I would love a new va-gii-gii, lol! If I ever win the lottery, the same for you,

monkeybee replied to monkeybee's response:
    I'm trying to lighten up...like having a glass of wine (or 3) and saying damn when I'm frustrated (instead of gradually getting furious and baging my head on the wall and throwing things like a maniac)oh and laughing at funny jokes and participating in them. I used to be funny. Anyway, enough about me. Let's talk about you guys more. Maybe I'll get around to answering the actual post some day, lol!

I love Louisville!!! Especially going to the Great Escape and some of the other shops nearby. There used to be this great used book store about two blocks or so from the Escape that my sister and I used to sneak a visit to. Technically we weren't supposed to drive in Louisville until we were out of college, but we used to go there anyway. I remember one time it was right before my senior year of high school my parents finally gave us permission to go "uptown" meaning the mall in Clarksville, by ourselves and we sweet talked our cousin into telling us how to get to the Great Escape. We had so much fun!!! But on the way back to IN I missed our exit and got lost in Jeffersonville. I don't know who was freaking out more, my kid sister or me. We finally found our way back to 131 and the mall and of course never told our parents about our little adventure. I miss "Kentuckiana" as they call that part of the nation. Have you had your first snow fall yet?? I'll never forget the snowstorm we had in Feb (I think it was) of 94. My family was snowed in for a week!!! We almost killed each other.

Totally know what you mean about the church. My cousin is a pastor of a church in North Carolina and his son is a youth pastor in Maryland. That whole part of that family has trouble understanding my condition, not to mention my parents and grandparents. It's taken a lot of time and patience to get them all to understand what I go through on a daily basis. Not to mention why I've quit working and are drawing SSDI. Got to love family!!! And don't even mention God around my sister or mom. They freak out.

Well got to run. Dinner is ready and my friends are waiting for me. Take care and Merry Christmas.

JSelleck

I love the story about you sneaking to the Great Escape!! I hung out on Bardstown Rd (which is where it is) all the time in high school. I thought I was a hippie (and thought I was cool at that, lol). Do you mean Twice Told Book Store? It was the best. I love Bardstown Rd! We haven't had a real snowfall yet, just a light dusting, not even enough to stick. My daughter was so disappointed. And yes, I remember the snowfall of '94 like yesterday. I was snowed in at my cousin's house and we had a blast until we were over it and then wanted to kill each other. Its a small world.

I saw on the main board you are having a bad night, I'm so sorry hun! I wish I could cheer you up. Christmas and the celebrations have been hard for me this year too and I try to find joy in everything I can. The posts on here have been great reminders, actually...and so is my 5 year old's anticipation for Santa . I hope you enjoyed dinner with your husband and guests and that you have a worry free, joyfilled Christmas day.

bpcookie responded:
    Big sloppy smoochies to everyone. sssmmmoocchhhh

I don't remember the name of the bookstore, but Twice Told, sounds about right. Tell ya about another harrowing adventure in good ol' Louisville, I flew into the airport for the second time from Dallas a few years ago to visit my family and decided to be brave and rent a car from the airport. I even made a reservation ahead of time. Well the reservation with Enterprise fell through due to credit card problems, and every other place I tried only had suvs. I absolutely positively HATE suvs. I won't even let my husband think about buying one. And it's something that's come up in several discussions. So here I am, stranded in the airport and wondering what to do. I try the last rental agency, Budget, and luckily they have a car. A sports car. But I'm desperate to take anything other than an suv. So I take it, load my luggage, say a prayer for safe travel, and head for Indiana. Now remember I've never driven from the airport on my own, I've always been a passager. So I'm looking for the signs for 64 thinking surely there's something that will lead me there, but find nothing. So I drive around the airport again. And again. Finally I find something that looks familiar and make it across the river. Had even more fun on the return trip. Ended up taking the long way to the airport, I think it was on 264?? or was it 265???, and end up going through this really interesting neighborhood. I had to fill up the car and I thought I was going to be mugged. Seriously!! NEVER going that way again driving a sports car.Seriously, it was a fun trip all things said and I wish I could go back soon. But since I'm not on speaking terms with my sister or mother, thanks to their rudeness and total overreaction to a simple suggestion of how to celebrate my parents' 40th anniversary in december, it aint gonna happen any time soon. Let's just say I'm thinking of a few words to call them but it wouldn't be fair to dogs or pigs to use them. Lol. Other than that conversation, had a nice new year's celebration and so far the year is going good. Hope 13 is a good year for you and your's. You're so lucky to have kids. BP runs in my husband's family bad and I have a really bad "case" of it, so we decided not to have kids. Some days I regret that, but really it probably was the best decision we could have made. If medical science could promise me that our child wouldn't have bp or any other mental illness I'd have a pacle of brats as we say in the country. But I struggle so much with my condition that in all fairness I just couldn't see forcing any human being to go through the same struggle just so I could be a mom. Not to mention that I probably wouldn't be the best mom anyway because I have such a temper. And I promised myself a long time ago that I wouldn't subject any child of mine to a temper like my father's. I mean I love the man, but he has a horrible temper. And he didn't learn to control it until I was in college. I mean he kinda has an excuse. his parents were abusive drunks who loved to beat the hell out of him and his siblings, but that's no excuse. So that's where I stand. Guess you all got some of the snow that my family did. My cousin said that they had about 4 or 6 inches for New Year's. Or was it Christmas?? Don't remember. That's dad's side of the family anway. Take care.

Jessica

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
    J hun, that pic is so darn cute

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am happily married to BipolarGal. She is a handful and I love her.

Helpful Tips

real useable smilies part 2
    http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-090.gif http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Love/love-124.gif ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    17 of 26 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.