Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Scary decisions
melly2210 posted:
UGHH...First of all I want to be clear that I am not liking the whole webMD thing right now. I can't find posts and such!

Anyways, with dh completely out of commission, I am having to re-enter the working world. Figured I'd start with some temporary labor stuff because my computer office skills pretty much sucketh and I don't want to do phone work in call centers anyways.

Well, not only do I have to BE at the Labor Pool by 5:45, I have to sit and listen to the male chauvenist comments from the workers. Then there's the outright discrimination against women even though the office is staffed with ALL women. Job came up this morning for laying Pergo flooring and laminate tiles. Easy peasy stuff and I got passed up for some man. By 8:30, I finally left.

I'm not scared of the people there, I'm just scared about working period. The last attempt failed miserably. And now, I really don't have any choice.

bpcookie responded:
Melly honey, Oh no!!! Aren't you on disability cause you can't work? Or maybe Im wrong. I totally feel for you honey. uuugggghhh. I totally understand the male chauvinist comments and friggin discrimination. I worked at a shop that had mostly men and they were pigs. *rolling eyes*.

I hope something comes up that you like doing and something with out any chauvinist men. Take care and try to take it easy too. Good luck. muahs and lots of hugs
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
Yeah...on total disability, but trying the ticket-to-work again. The Avon thing I tried crashed and burned big time cause I couldn't handle the stress.

The thing is, with all the medical stuff going on the bills are piling up. Hubs was working on and off at the labor pool to help cover things, but with him being 100% out of commission now, we're short big time. As in, I'm going to have to go down to social services and beg for assistance. He's hot all the time, even with the cooler weather. He's sweating bullets which means the air is set way low and that means sky high electric. Bills are late because of the lack of $. And I've reached a point this month where with everything going on, that I've told the ex it might be better if he kept the kids for the weekends because I cannot afford to feed them and change to the heathier diet options so hubs lives between the diabetes and the heart stuff.

I am wanting to do something consistant but PT but I need to find it. In the meantime, labor pool it is. And if no work, them I am going to go one off later in the day and do applications. I'm 40 years old and competing with babies, so to speak, for the jobs. I just....oh I don't know.

I guess the last couple months of one thing after another are just finally catching up. And Mon I see my new pdoc for the first time, and one of my issues is too many meds and their neuro impacts...so I'm expecting a med change as well. Wooohooo.

bpcookie replied to melly2210's response:
Melly hun, you have had it so rough the last year or so, I feel for you. It seems like every time you finally get something under control, 5 more stressful things pop up. You must be one strong woman. I would have cracked under the pressure and had a nervous break down by now, if I had all that stuff happen to me.

Have you ever thought about doing solicitor phone work from home? Many years ago, right before I got on disability, I wasn't able to work, so for money I did solicitation work from home. I found a company that let me work from home, using my own phone and working at my own pace. I made $3 for every apt. I set up, I didn't even have to sell anything. They supplied me with phone numbers and I faxed them all the apts, using their fax machine that they gave me. Perhaps you could find a job like that?

Anyways dahling, good luck to you. big hugs
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

melly2210 replied to bpcookie's response:
It has been rough and it always seems like more comes as I get rid of it. I'm tired. But somehow I am hanging in there. I honestly don't know how. Maybe because I am this close to getting the kids back. Or maybe it's because hubs is going through such a really bad time. I honestly don't know, especially with my own health issues.

I've had 2 pdocs rule out conversion disorder. An opthalmologist tell me that there is nothing wrong with the eyes or the muscles. But they aren't moving properly. As in they're going in different directions or slower or something. He said that it is definately neuro. The brain and the nerves that control the eye movement aren't working properly. So he fell very short of but definately implied a TIA. And every day my vision deteriorates in the one eye that is somewhat ok. If I'm tired, everything is blurry. My normal eye glasses make it worse, and he said the prescription is totally wrong but he wants me to be seen by a neuro before he prescribes anything or sends me to an optometrist.

I'm looking for that job, but anything call center related or directly phone related scares the living poo right out of me. I'd like to do something with people, but I'm afraid I'll have one of those "moments" at the tiniest stress. Especially on whatever else I have going on.

Hubs is resting and will start his rehab program on the 26th. I'm trying to hold on until that is begun so I am less worried about a relapse. He's serious this time for a change. He's still having a few issues. Saw our grandbaby for the first time in MONTHS yesterday and it was the first time I'd seen him that happy in a long time.

As for me, I see the neuro on the 14th and it's only going to mean one test after another. I already know what they're going to say - TIA. But the damage is done. With everything going on, I could be going blind. My other senses are already compensating for the loss of the right eye and the deterioration of the other. The headaches are horrible. If I don't have a full night of rest, like last night with Junior, the eye strain is unbelievable. I have a patch that I don't normally wear outside of the house, but it was so bad this morning, I wore it to OT. I keep telling hubs whose stress is my loss of eyesight that people live blind all the time. I will adjust. He will adjust. And Lighthouse for the Blind will be an asset in getting me through it IF it comes to that. But who the heck knows?

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was diagnosed with Bipolar Disorder in November 2010. I'm currently on Lithium (300mg 3x/day) and have been seeing a therapist since August 2010...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
Don't eat yellow snow. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.