Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
Liars never prosper
bpcookie posted:
For the last few months I have been looking at on-line animal rescue sites, to find a little girl dog so that my dog can have a sister. About 6 to 8 weeks ago, I saw this adorable dog on one of the animal rescue groups site and the info. given about the dog was a perfect match for my little Chewy. So they call me and interview me, and the lady was freaking cold as ice. She tells me that there are many ppl interested in the dog, blah blah and hangs up. She calls me the next day and tells me the dog was adopted by someone else. That was fine cause she got a good home. So every other day, for 6 to 8 weeks, I check out their site to see the dogs that they have for adoption. The dog that I wanted, that they adopted out, was still on the page. hhhhmmm. So a few days ago I fill out the on line adoption sheet once again. I get a call, from the same ice cold woman, she tells me that she will have the foster mom call me. Sooooooooo, the dog wasn't adopted after all. I'm waiting for the foster mom to call and interview me and if I get the same bull sheet again, I am going to report this *registered non-profit organization* so that they can be checked out, to make sure that they really are registered and really are adopting out the pets that they have on line.

Ya know, someone could make a lot of money off of donations and also use your information that you give on the adoption form for their own benefit, such as identity theft or even sell it to someone else.

So, I will let ya all know what happens.
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

jselleck responded:
Some people are just plain mean. Have you tried your local shelter??? That's where we got Peabody and I got my darling Bubby monster from a shelter in Indiana. Each in their own way have fit into our hearts and home. Or in Peabody's case, blankets. (= I kid you not, his 2nd favorite place to nap is under the blankets on our bed preferably with one of us. Good luck finding the perfect furry baby to add to your hearts and home.

bpcookie replied to jselleck's response:
Az. is FULL of shelters and I have been doing daily searched to find the right doggy for our family. I'm just wondering if these ppl are a real shelter or if they are just collecting donations.

bpcookie responded:
I called the animal rescue group and they told me that the dog that I wanted had been adopted, yesterday. hhhmmm 6 weeks ago, when I talked to them, they told me that this same dog had been adopted. So, amazingly, this same dog has been adopted twice. Ive also noticed that they have another really cute dog that has been on their web site for 6 weeks. I find it very hard to believe that THAT dog hasn't been adopted yet. Im starting to think that these dogs are marketing dogs and also am thinking that this animal rescue group is a fake.

mercygive replied to bpcookie's response:
I looked on a lot of websites for the perfect dog. I decided to adopt from the SPCA and not take any chances because ultimately you will have to give them your personal information.

When I adopted Ray from the SPCA she had already been adopted and returned because she was intimated by the children and always hid under the table. She doesn't hide here, the little terror has the whole run of the house to herself and she's happy with that. She is the perfect pet for us.

You will find the perfect pet for you and Chewy!

bpcookie replied to mercygive's response:
Im so glad that you found your perfect pet. Its so hard to find the right one to fit into our house hold. First me and hubby have to agree on the dog, but its ultimately my dogs choice. I saw a little dog, white and cute as heck, she was at the pound. I almost had a nervous break down. I told my hubby that we have to adopt her before they put her down. So I called them today and they told me that she had been adopted. OMG, I was so relieved, I started crying. I just could not have lived with myself if that little darling had been put to sleep.

finnessawilliams responded:
I got my Roscoe from the Humane Society. He was quietest dog there and he might bark once a month, lol. I got him during the holidays when they had a special, he was only 20.00. I've had him almost two years and he's kept me going when I didn't think I could go on any further. Keep looking, I know a dog is out there for you and I hope you nail that shelter to the wall.

finnessawilliams replied to jselleck's response:
I got my Roscoe from the Humane Society. He was quietest dog there and he might bark once a month, lol. I got him during the holidays when they had a special, he was only 20.00. I've had him almost two years and he's kept me going when I didn't think I could go on any further. Keep

bpcookie replied to finnessawilliams's response:
LOL re- he might bark once a month. Its very kind of you to rescue a dog from the Humane Society. You just saved a dogs life. Good for you. *high five*.

I did find a dog but only had her one day. This dog looked like the dog I have now, but smaller. OMG, this dog was into everything, my dog was so very jealous and the new dog kept me up ALL night long. In the middle of the night, she jumps up on the bed with a kleenex in her mouth. I told her"So, what did you tear up now?". So the next day I asked the rescue lady to come and get her and we gave the lady a nice donation. The dog was immediately adopted by someone else. So, good news all around.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm Brittney. I love WebMD.. I got addicted to it at work because it was the only website I could access. Now, it's all I WANT to access! I...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
Don't eat yellow snow. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.