Skip to content

Announcements

Welcome to Grumpy Groupies!!! This group is open to every one. I hope that all my buddies will join and use it often. Sad or happy, NO discussion is taboo. I do ask that you use Trigger in the title when necessary. Hopefully we can have fun and also support those who are having a hard time. Muahs
I'm Weird and Mindless
mercygive posted:
Hello Peeps,

Just stopping in to say hello. I had to refer to Cookie's signature on the main board because I could not remember how to spell 'weird'. I am serious.

I keep misplacing my keys, phone, the dog's leash, my coat, my clothes and other things immediatley after using them, including my mind. I have to go back and retrace my steps numerous times around the house. I am so frustrated. Even people at work are taking advantage of me when they say "I told you that. You don't remember" . Everyone at work is older than me if you can imagine that and that's why I want to work there. One co-worker is 80 and she has a better memory than I do.
I'm jealous.

ibex7 responded:
Don't feel so all alone, Mercy,

F'rinstance, I couldn't find anybody who saw the groundhog, you know Puxatawney Phil, yesterday. After I thought about it for a while, shazaam!, it hit me. Since I woke at sunrise and saw the red sky of dawn, Phil must have seen his shadow, got scared, and went back in his den. That means six more weeks of winter! I of course, went back to bed for another six hour nap.

I also often forget to put the toilet seat down. Hee hee.
There are times you don't mean to say what you mean to say you mean.

bpcookie responded:
Oh honey, I dont even know if I spelled it right. LOL. Thank goodness for spell check. I have prob.s constantly now with spelling or even trying to remember a word. I will stutter because I cant think of a simple word and it makes me sound like a mindless idiot from Hell. That pretty much describes me now since my pain meds have taken over my brain and Im not even myself anymore. I dont even know who I am.

I went to answer the phone the other day, I picked it up and looked at it and couldnt remember how to make it work. LOL Then I remembered I had to hit TALK.lol Its so embarrassing. I play LOTRO and Im the worse player on line. I have no concentration, no reflexes and I cant even remember which buttons to push. I have friggin 8 yr olds running circles around me. duh!!!! Im 49 yrs old and Im terrified to think what my mind will be like at 60 yrs. I will prob. be a veggie. Just sitting in a chair by the window, drooling on myself. I just now had to spell check DROOLING cause I forgot how to spell it. LOL.

Love ya hun
When all else fails, go Bipolar all over their azzes!!

bpcookie replied to ibex7's response:
ROFLMAO Goat

mercygive replied to bpcookie's response:
I cannot write a thing without spell checker lol When I am at work and have to speak in full sentences, I practice at my desk what I am going to say because if I have to think of a word off the cuff, I am dumbfounded and I know exactly why you feel like an idiot — but we're not. I think what's worse is that I have stopped trusting myself and others have stopped trusting me or expecting much else of me.

Now that I am off Seroquel and on Latuda I feel like I have a personality again. I don't feel anything like a zombie. I am feeling good almost too good and I can't sleep and I know it will go upward and downward from here if Latuda doesn't work for me and I can't sleep. I have been taking Seroquel every night and sleeping like a baby for almost 2 years, and there is no way I can put a bottle of sleeping pills in the cabinet and not expect to be an addict by the end of the month. Are there any meds you can stop, or anything else you can take other than Lyrica? Have you tried acupuncture?

Not everyone ages in good health and not everyone ages. Everyone has a dream. I'm not afraid to age I just don't want to give up too soon doing the things that I can enjoy. I want my 50s back. I want always to be able to change my own diapers. As long as I know I'm drooling then I will remember to reach for a tissue.

And as long as I can remember to eat my veggies and take my fish oil, with or without my no words for blanketieblank little pills, then I can expect to see Big Texas Suns sunk hot to balm bare feet and fumbling old hands lapping ice cream cone sticky drippings and summer cirrus clouds streaking night skies pleading with the rising manic daylight and dewy birds from my small kitchen corner window chair. I will be thinking of you.

mercygive replied to ibex7's response:
ROFLO Goat!!!

bpcookie replied to mercygive's response:
Well, the Lyrica is for my woman pain and my pain levels are very very high. Lyrica is the only thing that helps at all, although it helps only a bit. Prob. need to have another friggin surgery again and it will prob. be useless and not help with the pain. We havent went on a vacation in many years because of this woman pain. It breaks my heart because Im holding my poor hubby back from doing things. Cant even go out to dinner or a friggin movie or visit friends or relatives. I MISS MY LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lately Im having mood swings too. I get hyper, happy, then sad, depressed, angry, pissy, then normal feeling. I have never experienced mood swings like this before. Not sure if its Lyrica, hormones, or just plain ole screwed up Bipolar.

All Im doing is complaining. I feel like thats all I do anymore. Worry and complain. Oh and pray. I pray every night and ask God for relief from this pain. I end up crying while Im praying and sometimes beg God to take away my pain. Since my Dr. can't fix it completely, figured I better ask the dude upstairs. Still in pain. Sometimes I wonder if Ive done something wrong, like have displeased God in some way.

Im still complaining here. Somethings els too (trigger) 5 yrs ago today, my dog Cookie passed away. That makes me want to cry.

Something good: my dog Chewy turns 5 on Friday. Love her to pieces.

Hey Mercy, will you change my diapers if my mind gives out? LOL muahs. btw love your way of thinking honey.

Spotlight: Member Stories

About Me I live in Arizona. I've been married for 15 yrs to a total sweet heart. I met my husband in a chat room. I also have a beautiful daughte...More

Helpful Tips

Next winter
Don't eat yellow snow. More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Helpful Resources

Be the first to post a Resource!

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.