Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
A Question About Me
avatar
Byroney_WebMD_Staff posted:
Do you have some sort of health issue or question on your mind? It doesn't have to be about pregnancy or trying to conceive--it could be about menopause, nipple discharge, your period, hair loss, painful sex, or anything else you've experienced.

No one replying to this thread is a doctor or medical expert. Instead, you'll get advice, tips, and support from other women like you who may have experienced the same thing. If you think you have a reply, don't be shy about sharing your experiences, as you never know when you might make a difference for another women struggling with the same issue!

I promise everyone will get an answer, but it could take as long as a few days--especially if you post on a Friday. I will try to point you to articles, blogs, health experts, slideshows, videos and anything else that might help you.

Gentlemen, you are welcome to post about your favorite gal. However, if you have a question about a male health issue, let me suggest one of the Men's Health Message Boards.

Times are rough so let's pitch in and support one another!

Byroney
Reply
 
avatar
mslamm responded:
I'm really getting worried about what i may have done to my body by taking DEPO. I started depo about six years ago and never had problems. Last november i desided to stop and scence then I havent had a period and i have had a day here and there with a lite flow of dark brownish stuff. I get pains in my croch and lower belly. I cry alot and seem to get really angry fast. I just want to have an idea of what i can do to get my body back on track?
 
avatar
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear mslamm,

I used Depo-Provera myself for about two years. I really liked it when I was on it, but when I went off, I didn't have a period for a year. It could be that some of the symptoms you're having are from your body trying to regulate its self, so it's like PMS.

My suggestion is to check out this article on Depo-Provera. After you've looked it over--epscially the part about side-effects when you go off it--then make an appointment to see your doctor. He or she can give you an exam and make sure what you're experiencing is normal, and maybe even help you get your period 'restarted.'

Anyone else who has advice for Mslamm, please go ahead and post, too!

Yours in health,

Byroney
 
avatar
Jagosza responded:
I work for a steel company and part of my job is to visit one of our processor that paints steel coils. They use oil based paint, and I have to spent approximately 15-30 min twice a week in the building where the painting occurs. I do not go directly to the painting lines, but I am still in the stinky building. I am 6 weeks pregnant and I am very concern. I asked my doctor about being in there and he said that we will discuss this topic "during my next visit" (which is not for another 2 weeks). I already told my employer about my pregnancy, because I am freaking out here. They asked about what my doctor said, and their take on things was that obviously it is not an issue since he is not concerned. Well, I am. I also talked to the processor and they said that when they have pregnant employees they take them off line, but they still work in the plant (but they can not guarantee that that is safe). Did I cause harm to my unborn child by being there? These women work there 8 hrs a day, I go in for 15 min. I'm really worried. I requested to be moved to a different position, but I do not want to worry for the next 8 months about the exposure so far. Please help
 
avatar
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear Jagosza,

You posted in two places on this board, and I wasn't sure if you saw the answer I'd given you. Just in case, here's my reply to this same question: boards.webmd.com/webx?THDX@@.89da22eb!thdchild=.89da22eb/0

I hope that helps,

Byroney
 
avatar
l_petri responded:
In December I had a natural miscarriage between 5 and 6 weeks after trying to conceive for 7 months. We waited 2 months as the doctor recommended and have now been trying for 3 months. I felt pregnant all last week and took a pregnancy test on Saturday afternoon even though it would be 4 days before my period was due (but the test I used was 69% effective at that time point). The test was positive, but the line was not very dark. So I tested again on Sunday with my first morning urine hoping to get a nice dark line, but this time the line was barely visible. So I tested on Monday in the evening and there was no line at all. Now it is Tuesday and my period is due tomorrow and I no longer even feel pregnant.

So my question is what is going wrong? I can only assume that my egg is being fertilized due to the positive pregnancy tests, but that something is going wrong after that point. What are the possible causes for this? And how can I prevent it from happening again? Are there treatments available? And how many more times does this have to happen to me and my husband before my doctor bothers to investigate???

Thank you.
 
avatar
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear I_petri,

I am very sorry for your loss(es). What you are guessing about the pregnancy tests does sound plausible. If your current doctor does not offer you and your husband any answers or support after you tell him/her about what just happened, then perhaps you need a new one who will.

Here?s a link to the Trying to Conceive (TTC) After Loss message board. They are a very supportive community, and I think you may find it a good place to talk to people who understand what you've been through.

Here's some information from the Getting Pregnant Quiz that you may find interesting:

"?The average woman gets pregnant after four months of trying. But these odds change significantly with age. Here are the odds of conceiving after one year of trying:

Age 20: 90% probability Age 30: 70% probability Age 35: 55% probability Age 40: 45% probability Age 45: 6% probability?

Best wishes,

Byroney
 
avatar
KalaGroves responded:
'll be 18 weeks pregnant tomorrow. My cervix was at 3.9 on April 17th When it was checked at the emergency room on April 27th, I was at 2.5.

I go see the perinatologist tomorrow, what are the chances that he'll want to place the cerclage?

What's the chances of the L&D doctor checking me at the hospital being off?

I have had a preterm delivery I had my first daughter last may at 23 weeks gestation. She died shortly after birth...

I've been on modified bed rest since Monday night.
 
avatar
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear KalaGroves,

First of all, I am very sorry for the loss of your daughter last May.

Determining how much you're dilated is subjective. Every doctor and nurse have different-sized fingers, and what might seem like "2cm" to one, may be "3cm" or "1.5cm" to another. The chances are good that whatever your doctor told you is the most accurate. Remember that ER doctors see very few pregnant women--it's not their specialty--wounds, injuries and illnesses are.

Let us know how things went with the perinatologist and if you got a cerclage. My sister had one and made it to term.

In support,

Byroney
 
avatar
mommy2thing1 responded:
hi i had a d&c back on march 3rd 2009 afterwards i only bleed for about 3 days and it was very light. i started my af on april 1st it was about 5 days long like always now its may4th and nothing i have taken a home test and it came back neg. what should i do now just wait it out or what please help
 
avatar
cheerchicka09 responded:
It was the second day I was on my period and me and my boyfriend had sex. he finished inside me... can I get pregant even if I was on my period?
 
avatar
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear mommy2thing1, Your cycle may have been thrown off by your D & C. Your hormones may be all out of whack. I would suggest contacting your doctor if you have concerns, otherwise you may want to wait a week and take another Home Pregnancy Test. Best wishes, Byroney
 
avatar
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear cheerchicka09,

You can get pregnant any time you have unprotected sex, but the chances of it happening during your period is far less because you'd have to ovulating right after.

Here is some information on Birth Control and Contraceptive Myths that may give you some interesting facts.

Yours in health,

Byroney
 
avatar
HCastner responded:
I just gave birth to a baby girl Feb 14, 2009 and her father and I have been having sex ever since, I was wondering if I am pregnant again, since I haven't restarted my menstrual cycle
 
avatar
Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Dear HCastner, Most women take a while to get cycling again after the birth of a child, especially if breastfeeding. However, you can start ovulating again at any time. I have seen women post on these boards of getting pregnant 4-6 weeks after delivery! Remember, that your period comes after you ovulate (which is when you can get pregnant), so if you're trying not to get pregnant again right away, see your doctor about birth control. If you take a Home Pregnancy Test with your first morning urine, it will tell you whether or not you're pregnant now. Congratulations on your little Valentine's Day girl! Byroney


Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 100 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.