Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Pelvic pain when standing
OrangeOC53 posted:
I am desperate for answers. For about a year now I have had a pain in the left side of my pelvis after standing. When it first started sometimes I would get it, other times I wouldn't while I was standing. It has gotten so bad now I can't stand for more than 10 minutes with horrible pain. It is like a stabbing in one spot only. I can't shower, cook, shop, workout, or do anything that involves standing. I am 20 years old and never been sexually active. I am on birth control pills which didn't help. I have read about pelvic congestion syndrome, but since I have never been pregnant my doctor won't even consider it. I have however lost 45 lbs in a year without doing much and I wonder if it is somehow related. Please please has anyone ever had anything like this?

lisadeates responded:
I just posted one after you. I am having the pain in left side also. Like a stabbing and goes from ovary area to back and also affects my left thigh. I have had this problem for about 2 years and still undergoing test. They have you on anything for pain? I was taking some ultram but it makes me feel even more dizzy and lightheaded and already feel that way without the pills so worried about taking them. Gives me anxiety as well. Good Luck with your situation and let me know what you find out

fairahgirl responded:
I also have pain in my left side, also my right sometimes. Dr. found cysts on my ovaries, the left is worse then the right. but they said since I have Endometriosis and that can cause tissues on my ovaries, just come back in 6 months to a year and have another ultrasound done to be sure the cysts have not grown.

if you end up finding out anything more then I have, please share.

fairahgirl responded:
Btw, just because the Dr. found cysts on my ovaries cause I have pain there. Does not mean you could have cysts too... So it is best to go to your Dr. to see what they can find out for you.

Helpful Tips

Irregular menstrual cycle
My daughter has been passing dark blood for over 10 days now. There are clots involved and the blood shed is between a very heavy flow and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.