Skip to content
Placental Tear Healing
bodoba posted:
I have been on bed rest for 2 weeks. I've been told that my baby is fine and healthy but that the placental tear is pretty much the same length. I'll be 10 wks tomorrow. What I'm wondering is, how long does it take for a tear to heal on it's own? What do they do to assist in healing? I can't seem to find anything on the subject. I have a 2 year old, and my husband works 16 hours night 6 days a week. I really can't be on bed rest for the rest of my pregnancy. I can't seem to find anything on the subject on the internet. My appt is on the 11th but it's driving me nuts. I am down to having a bit of brown discharge now but the more I stand the more I bleed. Sorry, it's just aggravating.

phoenixfire76 responded:
It takes as long as it takes. Your Dr. should have told you about how long it would take. You really should do your best to take it as easy as possible. I know it's hard, I was on enforced bedrest in the hospital I wasn't even allowed to get up to go pee for the 1st 2 days. So I know how it feels, but look at this way you don't want to do anything to endanger yourself or your baby. :) If you have family close by see if they can help out. Take one day at a time, just look at each day one day closer to having a healthy baby. Best of luck.

Abigailsmommy08 responded:
Did they mention placental abruption? this is when the placenta comes away from the uterus. You should do what the doctor tells you. I am sure it is driving you crazy and is really hard with a 2 year old. I had a total placental abruption on December 22,2008 I was 39 weeks pregnant and had no symptoms of this. We lost our baby girl that day. So please do what the doctor tells you to because if it the same thing but just minimal bed rest should do the trick. hoping your feel better ...

Dianeme123 responded:
I am on bedrest now due to a placental tear. I am 10 weeks pregnant today. I spotted in my seventh week, upon u/s, everything was fine. On Tuesday March 3rd, I started spotting. I did have an appointment with my doctor on Wed. March 4th, so I did not call him, since I had the appointment anyway. My exam was fine, but they did an u/s and found the tear. They told me to rest and to come back next Wed. for another u/s to see if it's healed at that time. I am very nervous and upset about this. I too can not seem to find any info on this subject. I only seem to come up with placental abruption. This is a condition that happens later in pregnancy, from what I understand. I would like to know how you are doing these days? Did the tear ever heal. Any advice you can give me. My doctor seemed very brief with me when I started questioning this. Thank you, Diane

_Paula responded:
Try searching for "chorionic hematoma" or "subchorionic", sounds like that is what both of you girls have, and you should find some info- best of luck to you both- I too had this with my last- if it is what is going on with you as well they usually resolve and cause no problems.

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.