Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
How long does the Rhogam shot last?
humveegirl posted:
I had a miscarriage 7 weeks ago, found out i am RH negative. My doctor said that I could start trying again after my first period, I am having my period right now so we plan on trying again a part of me is scared that i might have another miscarriage, just curious how long the shot last and when will i rec another one.

josirus responded:
back in september i had a miscarriage and found out i am rh negative. they gave me the shot. i am now almost 8 weeks pregnant. they said i will get another shot in the middle of my pregnancy. good luck.

crystalann13 responded:
Sorry for your loss. I too had a miscarriage at 8 weeks a year ago because of my RH neg. bloodtype. I am now 22 weeks pregnant. I am getting a Rhogam shot at 28 weeks. Im pretty sure they last aprox. 12 weeks. I then get another shot after he is born. You did get the shot after your miscarriage, Right? Good luck and try to read up on the facts about having RH neg, blood. It can be a tricky thing to understand at first. Also make sure to have your blood work done monthly to check for antibodies. This is super important!!

Helpful Tips

Try looking into this
I also have been dealing with the same thing best bet is to go to your OB/Gyn it might be Endometriosis I would try and get in as soon as ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.