Skip to content
Bactrim and pregnancy test???
num1mom2006 posted:
My LMP was 6/8/09. I started a 10 day regiment of SULFAMETH/TRIMETHOPRIM 800/160 TABS (generic for Bactrim DS) on the 26th of June. I missed one does causing me to take my last dose on 7/06/09. The day my period was due. We have been TTC for 6 months now. And my period is now a week late but I took a test on the 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, and 10th. All came up negative. I haven't taken a test since. It is now the 12th and my period still hasn't come. This will be my fourth pregnancy and child. I have several other symptoms which include... breast tenderness. back pains, difference in acne (cleared up just like with other) and besides the missed period I am also noticing breast discharge. The only other time I have ever had this happen was when I was pregnant. So I guess my question is can the Bactrim cause a false negative result? Since Bactrim makes you pee a lot and is secreted in urine is it possible that it altered the amount of HcG in my urine? I know that false negative are fairly common. But what are the chances of taking a test 18 days past ovulation and having a false negative result? I have read everything that I can find on Bactrim but I can't seem to find anything about how long it stays in the system after the last dose or how it effects the urine. Thanks, Connie

Helpful Tips

might be pregnant in 3 months rubella vaccination?
My wife is vaccinated rubella vaccine, doctor was note "she is not pregnant within 3 months". If she's pregnant in that time, what is ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.