Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Moving feeling stomach not pregnant
cutegal77 posted:
This is weird, it's been now about almost a year now, almost every day i get this movement with no pain at all..inside my tummy more precisely below the navel or on the side of my navel...and it feels like as if a baby is kicking...like pushing out against my tummy...now i had a child 7 yrs ago...and I'm definitely not pregnant still getting my periods are pregnancy test negative...

It seems to happen more when I'm sitting down..or lying on down on my side...and if let's say i wear pants..or anything that presses that area while sitting or laying down...i feel it

I know i should see a doctor...no actually..I did a few months back and told the doctor...and told me it was nothing to worry about...so i let it go..but now it's ongoing..and can't stop imagining all kind of scenarios in my head...cancer and so on...now what's wrong with me..does anybody knows??????

sweetadaliner responded:
WOW! That's pretty weird...I have the same thing. Almost like a twitching inside my stomach or something. I hope you get some kind of feed back to get some answers, it would be nice to figure out what the heck that is. Too weird, I thought I was going insane feeling that, unfortunately, glad to hear I'm not the only one.

StressedMom297034 responded:
Are you sure it's not just gas?

mommie23955 responded:
I am sure it is just gas.

cutegal77 responded:
lol...i'm so happy i'm not alone....i thought i was going crazy....all day yesterday and today...it's so annoying....but for sure i will let yall know...and vice versa..

Adabubble23 responded:
my friend is going through the same thing. We're not sure what to think...If anyone finds any answers please let me know!!!

Georgiagail responded:
These feelings tend to either be 1. intestinal gas, 2. food/liquid moving through the intestines or 3. a combination of the two of these.

Remember you've got (roughly) 30 feet of intestine in the average adult.

Same thing happens to me at times and I don't even have a uterus.

Gail

tawnz responded:
well i am actually on the Mirena birth control, and sometimes i feel like i would have a baby kicking, like you know they do at about 4 months, and I just am way too terrified to go to the doctor and take a pregnancy test.. i took 3 at home pregnancy tests and they were all negative, but that was a few weeks ago... I am just kind of worrying about it, but then I just try to forget about it and make myself think that maybe i'm not pregnant?.. but lately i've been trying to do research online and more and more people are getting pregnant while using Mirena.. I just really need to push myself to go to the doctor but I am really hoping I'm NOT pregnant right now, i just had a baby 5 months ago and you know, the reason I got the Mirena was to NOt get pregnant?!... well yeah... And i have thought of the fact that it Could just be gas or something going on in my stomach.. but i'm just not sure.. anyways.. I was just hoping someone could say that they've gone through this and were not pregnant in the end?

Mark439 responded:
OMG! Thank goodness someone else is out there. I just noticed this again tonight. My husband looked at me like I was crazy. Same symptoms and right next to the navel area. The interesting thing is that I noticed this with my last two pregnancies, but I thought it had something to do with the baby growing. Now that I am no longer pregnant, I can't imagine what is moving in my stomach.

It would be really odd to literally see your food moving through your digestive track, so I'm not sure if that's what it could be. I plan to go to the doctor sometime next week and we'll see what they say.

If I find anything out, I'll be sure to let you know.

charliew123 responded:
Mark439 please let us know what you find out from the doctor. I have the same weird movements in my stomach and having a difficult time believing it is just gas.

Jamie411 responded:
Hi...I am 23 and have a 2year old and I am having the same thing happen to me. Just last night I even called my mom and told her that something had to be wrong because I knew I was not pregnant but it really felt like something was moving all around in my stomach. So I passed it off as maybe I just have gas or constipated but that wasn't it....What is going on?

Neva87 responded:
Hi... I am 22 and i have a 16month old and, so here it goes i just got back from the ER because i had horrible pain really bad cramping in my uterus and this weird movement like there was a baby moving in my right side i had noticed it when i was on my sofa so i pressed down and it i felt like it kicked at my so i would stop it freaked the hell out of me! so i stopped and it stopped then i did it again to see if i was just feeling things that were not there and it did it again! ya weird right? all together i took five pregnancy tests including a blood test a CT scan and...NUTHING!!! I don't know what is and the doctor didn't even really try to acknowledge the fact that there is something wrong something really moving in my stomach i felt it with my fingers!!! and my fiance felt it too! the doc said its NOT GAS. And its not my bowels either but he thinks its because i had ovarian cysts but they don't move. i need answers! I'm going crazy trying to figure this all out. so please if anybody knows anything about this please let me know i would really appreciate it enormously there would be know words to explain how happy i would feel to know what this is.

allyns2009 responded:
o my gosh! I'm so glad to have found this! I've had this for the past couple of weeks. CANNOT be pregnant. PLEASE if someone finds out post it here. This is driving me crazy!

bellydancing replied to allyns2009's response:
Thankgoodness someone else knows how I feel! What is this strange movement? I though I was pregnant too. I was actually hoping I was. But I have been feeling this movement for about a year and still have regular but increasingly heavy periods. Is this something to worry about? Does somebody have any answers? I scare myself and think there is a gigantic worm inside of me! Please help before I go crazy!

Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP responded:
Dear All: I would vote for passage of material (especially gas) as the cause of "phantom fetal kicks". From the heath care provider point of view we can actually listen to this process of motility through the bowels by putting a stethoscope over the abdomen.

Oddly, we probably train women to make this assumption when we tell first time moms, "You might start to feel your baby kick as early as 16 weeks, but most women mistake early baby movement as gas."

Thank you cutegal77 for opening such a popular conversation. Who would have thought this topic would have been such a common concern!

In Appreciation,
Jane

Helpful Tips

Keep Searching
Joanna, I just wanted to add my own experience of endometriosis. My period began about 2 months before my 16th birthday - yes very late. ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.