Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
Moving feeling stomach not pregnant
cutegal77 posted:
This is weird, it's been now about almost a year now, almost every day i get this movement with no pain at all..inside my tummy more precisely below the navel or on the side of my navel...and it feels like as if a baby is kicking...like pushing out against my tummy...now i had a child 7 yrs ago...and I'm definitely not pregnant still getting my periods are pregnancy test negative...

It seems to happen more when I'm sitting down..or lying on down on my side...and if let's say i wear pants..or anything that presses that area while sitting or laying down...i feel it

I know i should see a doctor...no actually..I did a few months back and told the doctor...and told me it was nothing to worry about...so i let it go..but now it's ongoing..and can't stop imagining all kind of scenarios in my head...cancer and so on...now what's wrong with me..does anybody knows??????

kandicomp replied to jacs132's response:
seem to have the same thing i have pcos

Desireesky replied to kandicomp's response:
I am having the same feeling and also have PCOS. My movement is in my lower left abdomen. I've never been pregnant, so I don't know what it feels like for a baby to kick, but I told my boyfriend, "the only way I can explain this, is, there is something alive in me kicking."
I'm also having some painful cramping and nausea, but I am not pregnant. I thought it might be from the cysts and maybe my uterus was trying to shed lining, but is blocked. I never get my period because of the PCOS - I just figured my whole body is a mess. Even without an answer, I am a little relieved to see that other people are experience this and no one seems to have had any significant health problems as a result. I hope it really is just gas, although I seem to be the first person that actually finds this phenomenon painful.
I will be adding this to the list of complaints to take to my new Doctor next week and will report back when and if I learn something new!

nillyd responded:
sigh........i hope it is something simple like gas because i have been feeling constant movement a little bellow my belly button for three months now pregnancy test are negative and i get my period on schedule......

MommyofTwo69128 replied to tawnz's response:
I am also on the birthcontrol Mirena and have been for almost 2 yrs now. For the past month I've been going through the same thing... feeling movement while I'm sitting, laying down, and even a few times while I'm standing. I have no sickness with this at all and I wasn't sick with both of my pregnancies, it feels just like a baby in there.I've taken pregnancy tests and they come back negative which is a good thing, but I really want to know what this is. I have two girls 2 and 4 me and my husband wasn't wanting any more kids, that's why I have the Mirena as well. I have no insurance so I just can't go to the doctor or it will cost me a fortune. I've taken over the counter gas medicine thinking that may be the problem and it still happens!! I worry myself to dealth not knowing what this is. I googled movement in belly and NOT PREGNANT this is what I found hopefully someone going through the same thing can help! I'm glad I'm not alone in this situtation, but I know things like this worries me so I'm sure I'm not the only one freaking out! I just want answers without paying a fortune for nothing.... Someone some where has to know why we're having this!

sararobles82 replied to jacs132's response:
I just started feeling these kicking sensations a couple of weeks ago and I had my tubes tied over two years ago. I am freaking out here. I don't know what to do because I don't want to have kids anymore. I am afraid to get the pregnancy test because I don't want it to come out positive. I already have four kids. What do I do I am only 29 years old. I don't know if age has anything to do with the whole gas feeling thing considering I have never had that before. Help please

Natisha89 responded:
OMG!! I AM HAVIN THE SAMETHING HAPPEN TO ME... ITS SO CRAZY.. FOR ONE I JUS HAD A BABYGIRL SHE WILL BE ONE AUG 6TH N I WAS ON IMPLANON.. THE ONE THAT GOES N YOUR ARM N LAST FR 3YRS.. WELL ITS BEEN A FEW WEEKS NOW BUT FOR SOME REASON I KEEP FEELING SOMETHING N MY STOMACH.. ITS FEELS JUS LIKE A BABY.. BUT I KNO FOR A FACT IM NOT PREGNANT... AT TIMES WHEN I FEEL IT I FEEL IT GET SO HARD IN MY STOMACH N JUS MOVE ACROSS IT.. I WAS FREAKED OUT.. I THOUGHT I WAS TRIPPIN N SO DID MY HUSBAND.. UNTIL I LET HIM FEEL IT N HE WAS TRIPPIN RITE ALONG WIT ME..LOL BUT ITS CRAZY CUZ I DNT KNO WHAT IT IS OR WHAT ITS FRM.. MINE COME MOSTLY WHEN IM LAYIN DWN OR SITTIN UP CHILLIN.. I NEED TO GO TO DOCTOR BUT THEY DNT EVER TELL US ANYTHING.. (FIGURES) BUT ANYWAYS AND I DNT HIGHLY THINK ITS GAS.. BUT THEN THEN AGAIN I DNT KNO.. I JUS DNT THINK GAS MOVES LIKE THAT... SO WHAT IS IT REALLY N WHY R WE FEELING THIS THING PLAYIN OUT AS A BABY N OUR STOMACH!!!

_swank_ replied to Natisha89's response:
Gas. food, and fecal matter are constantly moving through your body with the help of body organs and fluid. Makes perfect sense if you're feeling sensations in your stomach. Babies don't grow there but food passes through. I have these sensations all the time and I don't even have a uterus. Men have them too. If it's not causing pain you don't need to worry about it.

Natisha89 replied to _swank_'s response:
thanks.but sometimes alil before i do have alil pain n it feels like my stomach is being squeezed like water comin out a wash rag..but idk.. i've never had this before so like y now is it doin it you kno... i dnt kno it jus seems crazy.. i wish i really knew what it was but i cnt go to hospital because the ones we have over here dnt ever tell us nothing all they do is say well we didnt find anything wrong wit you.. then i get a bill for like 500-1000 over some nothing they cnt even tell me whts wrong n u think ima pay them.. i will wait atleast 4-5 hours n then they tell me that umm.. no lol den sneak up on me wit a bill.. i dnt think so.... they aint gettin my bread for nothing..but i really do hope i can figure this out... maybe when i get med... i will go n see what it is.. if they find something.. but thanks tho..

WonderWyn replied to Natisha89's response:
Hello All!
I started experiencing this a couple of days ago. It happens througout the day but most frequently when I am laying down. I think that those who said its gas, food, fecal matter, etc.. passing through our bodies is most accurate. Lay your head on someone's stomach and you can hear all sorts of things happening. I am currently trying out a cleansing tea, because most of us are probably constipated without realizing it. Even though many of us move our bowels everyday, it may not be releasing all of whats inside. We have tons of toxins in us from what we eat. (well at least those of us who eat bad)
Check out videos and books by Dr. Don Colbert. Peace & blessings!

roseon replied to tawnz's response:
well tawnz what you are experience is contraction of your uterus, the point am making you are still breast feeding so therefore feeling movement in your tummy is pretty common, as while the child pull on your nibbles it creats a train of activities that helps to bring the uterus to its normal state as before conception.. hope this response helped or you can just research on "the effect of breast feeding on the uterus"

roseon replied to Jane Harrison Hohner, RN, RNP's response:
Jane Harrison, would you say the sam eabout me cause i feel the movement very frequent and infact i feel them at different places other than just at the navel, i have abnormal menstral cycle so i misses my menstration at times. i notice since lately if am lying on my side and turns sudden not only do i feel z movement but i can actually feel a solid bulge at the side i was lying on. am not pregnant, and my child is 5 years old, i do pass urine often but i believe is because i was told am developing diabetes and i use the restroom as often as i drink, not having any signs of pregnancy so what should i do now. i have PCOS so the doctor just told me that the PCOS could relate to the abnormal movements, but is that a fact? am scared out my whits now,

seasonhawk replied to allyns2009's response:
Hi, I Just needed to post my experience. I'm 47 and i've had my tubes tied 7 years ago. Been gainning weight in tummy area but to the degree only i could tell.Women know their bodies. 4 days ago i woke up with my tummy kicking very slightly through-out the day. I thought this very strange. The second day it was the same but a little stronger. It would flutter or move in the same place each time, to the right of my navel and up just a little. The third day was the strongest kicks and movements comeing every 7 to 25 seconds. All day long, it felt more like brackston hicks contractions. I took a preg.test that night and was not preg. I haven't missed a period anyway. I was flipping out, something was not right and i know my body. Went to bed that night and this morning they are gone and no, it was not gas. WHATS UP? I DO NOT KNOW!!! STRANGE!! CRAZY!!( HEY) Maybe Alien's are implanting the women on this planet and retriving the babies-

GeorgiaPeach24 replied to seasonhawk's response:
I have these same feelings, and have been for a few years. I think it has something to do with the wastes moving around in the intestines and am seriously thinking about getting one of those colon cleansers to see if that helps. If anyone has tried it and if it helped, can you please let all of us on this forum know? Let us know even if it didn't and I will.do the same. Thanks!

Anon_88069 replied to Natisha89's response:
Please, for the love of God, do not post on these boards in text talk. It takes forever to decipher what you are trying to say. It is really hard to give a good answer if the person who would like to respond can't figure out what you are trying to say. Most people here on the boards did not grow up with all the shortened words for texting and it just gives us a headache.

Thanky very much

MzGem7778 responded:
I cnt even remember when this started but I know its been a while. I feel these movements all the time I was trying to get pregnant but I had to let my system get back to normal after the depo shot. I'm not pregnant the movement was happenings before I started trying and makes me annoyed because its not a baby at least that I could handle but, not knowing what's inside me is creepy. I really hope someone finds the answer soon!!! For all our sakes!!!

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.