Skip to content
Uterine Infection
khalve posted:
I have major pain right above my pubic bone. My period is 20 days late, but pregnancy tests are negative. So the doctor (and I use this term loosely because she seemed to know nothing.....) gave me an ultrasound. But she admitted, "I understand the functionality of the ultrasound machine, but don't know how to use it." She said there were fibroids on my uterus and that the lining of the uterus was really thick. She couldn't find one of my ovaries... So she decided to do an exam. Pressing on my uterus was super painful. So she said she thinks I have a uterine infection. She did a blood test to see, but blew off ever giving me the results. Now she told me that my husband is definitely cheating on me because the only way to get a uterine infection is from an STD. My husband is home with me all the time. When he is gone he is at work and I know for a fact that is where he is. So that is just ridiculous. What else can cause a uterine infection? Can him fingering me with unclean hands do it? (he isn't sure, but thinks he may have pet the dog and cat before foreplay). Also, the pain started 10 days after the missed period, so that wouldn't be the cause of my period being late. The pain I feel in my abdomen is a burning pain like it is on fire, along with a stabbing pain on the left (where my left ovary is). I have endometriosis, but that never has made my uterus so sensitive to touch or made burning fire like pain. I would just really appreciate any information about uterine infections or anything else this may be from. And as a side note, I haven't given birth in 2 years and 4 months (which I had a uterine infection from the birth and had to get a DNC 6 weeks after the birth). Thank you.

Georgiagail responded:
A uterine infection can occur any time bacteria enters the uterus. The most common bacterial infection is Staph Aureus, a common bacteria that many of us carry on our skin. This has nothing to do with an STD (and if your physician suspected you did have an STD she needed to test for the specific one so treatment for such could be initiated). Since you are still experiencing these symptoms, it would be a good idea to either get the blood test results from your physician (who should then prescribe an antibiotic if this does come back as a bacterial infection) or find another physician who is more competent. Gail

Helpful Tips

Fish Oil Caps
I take triple strength fish oil capsules (1400 mg) for heart health, and it has the added bonus of improving moisture in the eyes and skin. ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.