Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Uterus Scraped? Whats that mean??
Tkaleigh posted:
I went to an OB-GYN doctor for the first time in my life. Mind you I have never gone because, seeing that I am a virgin, I found it pointless. First I have to ask is it Normal for it to hurt? If not than I think I need to find myself a new one.

But now to my original question. After my exam, my doctor informed me that I will most likely have to have my Uterus scrape by the time I'm 30. He honestly wasn't a very friendly doctor, he made it very clear he found pointless for me to be there, and when I tried to ask about it he just left the room. What does having your uterus scraped mean? Why would I need it? Do I have some defect or something?

Please Help I am beyond confused.

Georgiagail responded:
"Scraping" of the uterus is also known as a D and C.

Haven't a clue as to why he thought you would need it.

Gail

Watercolor6900 responded:
I would find a new doctor.

LiahRae24 responded:
yes, i would go somewhere else. that guy should not have talked to you that way. what a first experience. so super sorry about that. i would be livid if i went and had that happen!!!!

Tkaleigh responded:
What is it for?

Helpful Tips

Irregular menstrual cycle
My daughter has been passing dark blood for over 10 days now. There are clots involved and the blood shed is between a very heavy flow and ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.