Skip to content
White strings in stool
majmom0706 posted:
I know this is kinda gross but I am almost 18 weeks prego and being treated for HYPERTHYROIDISM. I have had loose stool for 2-3 weeks now but was just told to take Immodium. My stomach has been upset like I have diarrhea for a couple days but no BM. This morning I had a regular-hard BM with white string-like things in them. I am sorry for the graphics but I am worried. Someone I know said don't worry it is mucous because during pregnancy you produce more. That does not satisfy me and I don't want to see a doctor again if they will just dismiss me after hearing me out. I have to go to military doctors and I have a 3 year old so I don't want the visit to be a pointless hassle. I really needs some educated answers or someone who has experience with this. Thanks.

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
52 of 102 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.