Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
unprotected sex during ovulation
Katrina20NYC posted:
Hi! So I need advice girls!! I use an ovulation calender to track my periods which REALLY helps me be better prepared, because the calendar is usually spot on or off by 1 day. HERE'S WHERE I NEED ADVICE...My boyfriend and I have used the "pull out method" for 4 months now (we know it isn't any true form of birth control since we know people who've gotten pregnant through such methods), My last period was Jan 20th. My boyfriend and I had sex Feb 1st and Feb 4th. I really didn't think I was pregnant until I felt cramping on Feb 10th a lil more than a WHOLE week before I am supposed to get my period it was slight cramping yet it felt EXACTLY like the slight cramping I get as a warning sign that I am about to get my period!! I knew it was way to early for my period this month so I took a look at my ovulation calender and found out that the EXACT DAYS my boyfriend and I had sex were when I was first ovulating( feb 1st) and my most fertile day (feb. 4th) and the same day I felt slight cramping according to my ovulation calender was implantation day (Feb 8th) if I was pregnant. The cramping went away over night, and I've been really gassy in past couple of days, and for the last 2 nights I've had to pee alot. Has anyone experienced this? I know he didn't really ejaculate in me, but I've known people who've become pregnant even while pulling out, especially since everything lined up with my calender could I possibly be? I know I have to wait till the 18th to test (Day AF is supposed to come) Yet a week is a while to wailt when you want to know, so any helpful advice is appreciated. p.s. has anyone is here gotten pregnant while using the pull out method.

Jesuslivesinme responded:
Clues point to being pregnant, since you used pull out method and you were ovuating. Men have what we call pre-cum, and that can get you pregnant too. I have you know that I just founf out that I'm pregnant and how did that happen, let me tell you....We were having sex while I was ovulating and we used the pull out method as well. Just being curious but are your breast tender and hurt or feel they are getting larger as the days pass. That was the first clue to my being pregnant. Well if you are on the road to motherhood I hope the best for you. God Bless.

Katrina20NYC responded:
UPDATE:: WELL TODAY FEB 15TH I GOT MY PERIOD =( ALL WELL THERES ALWAYS NEXT MONTH ...BUT GIRLS!!! ITS ONLY DAY 25 FOR ME IM ALMOST A WHOLLE WEEK EARLY!! NOW I DON'T EVEN KNOW HOW TO CALCULATE MY NEXT PERIOD OR HOW MANY DAYS TO WRITE DOWN FOR MY NEXT OVULATION CALENDER...I NEVERRRRRR GET LESS THEN A 29 DAY CYCLE AND IM USUALLY ALWAYS ON TIME ON A 29-30 DAY CYCLE....A WEEK FROM MY PERIOD COULD BE IMPLANTATION BLEEDING I HEARD BUT NO THIS IS MY PERIOD IM PRETTY SURE, THE CRAMPS WOKE ME UP THIS MORNING AND THE BLOOD IS PRETTY NORMAL. UGH I WAS SO SURE THIS TIME,I GUESS I WAS EXPERIENCING ABNORMAL (FOR ME) PMS BECAUSE I GOT AN ABNORMAL (FOR ME) AF! COULD I STILL BE?? I DON'T KNOW..I'M A LITTLE DOWN RIGHT NOW...THIS IS WHY WE STOPPED REALLY TRYING MONTHS AGO =\...THANK YOU AGAIN FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP ....GOOD LUCK ALL YOU GIRLS MAY YOUR BABIES BE HEALTHY IN YOUR HAPPY FAMILY!

ShadowButtersJetta responded:
Do not use a calendar! Your cycles are too irregular. Try temping and charting. Go to www.fertilityfriend.com for information.

Helpful Tips

how can a woman restore sensation in her nipples/breast?
since my last pregnancy in 2005, i have no sensation in my breast when stimulated. If anything, it hurts. I am 43 years old and I know I'm ... More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 1 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.