Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Collapsed/Prolapsed Uterus
An_193299 posted:
In 2000 I had surgery to remove uterine fibroids. My doctor told me that she discovered during the surgery that my uterus had collapsed - perhaps from the weight/size of the fibroids. She went on to tell me that the ligaments that normally held the uterus in place were no longer there so they had suspended mine in place by attaching it to my other organs. I had never heard of anything like this before. I was 24 years old at the time and had one child.
My husband & I would now like to have another child. I am concerned about how 'secure' my uterus may be 'hanging in there'. I have a preconception appt coming up but this has been on my mind & want to make sure my new gyn takes this seriously since it's been 10 years.
Comments... suggestions?

Helpful Tips

Hysterectomy
I am having heavy bleeding and sever pain with it every month that it affects my daily living when I have it I even had to drop out of ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 27 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.