Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
complex mixed ovarian cyst
synlgar posted:
I've had pain in my hips/thigh/leg etc for some time; mostly on my left side, but also my right. I was sure it was spinal stenosis, or disc problems and finally went to the dr. Short story, I had an MRI which noted the stenosis, but said that it was probably not causing the pain. The pain was cause from a 3-4 cm cyst on my left ovary, nothing on the MRI stated what type of cyst it might be.

So, trip to Gyn and an ultrasound showed a simple cyst and a complex mixed cyst on left ovary (can't find my right ovary.) The cyst was segmented, but no free fuild was visualized. Also she noted a thickened enlarged uterus with a calcified fibroid on the back of the uterus. The CA 125 was normal at 10, and I was told to return in 6 months for a recheck. I've read that the CA 125 in positive many times with fibroids and false many times with early stages of cancer.

I am 53 years old, premenopausal and scared to death it might be cancer. (ok, borrowing trouble) but I smoke, and do not know if this cancer could run in my family as both mother and grandmother had complete hysterectomies at early ages, but my grandmother passed from colon cancer.

Question; should I seek out a second opinion or quit worrying and return wait the 6 months?

I still have regular periods although heavy with large clots and pain in pelvic area continues unabated. It is sad that I am getting used to the pain, it is normal now.

I expected to wait a few weeks or months, but this seems like a very long time, What do you think?

Thanks,

Helpful Tips

extended period
I have had a period for almost three weeks. The first week was normal with a lot of cramping. The second week was like when you are almost ... More
Was this Helpful?
50 of 100 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.