Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
haven't had my period in 2 months, am NOT pregnant
An_193567 posted:
I haven't gotten my period in over 2 months. Numerous pregnancy test have been taken and showed negative as well as a trip to the clinic. Not over or underweight. I am 28 years old. No one seems to have any idea what is wrong with me.

marleychick09 responded:
i'm having the same issue also. I haven't had my period for 5 months now and i have also taken quite a few pregnancy tests and they all turned out to be negative. I'm only 19. Last year around this time I went to the OB and she prescribed me these pills that helped bring along my period because the same thing was happening then as it is now. Maybe you should contact the OB to see if they have any suggestions.

bethla28 replied to marleychick09's response:
Thank you.

fiannakyn replied to bethla28's response:
occational missed periods are normal. if they are missed more than 3 months (60-90 days sense last one) there may be underlying reasons.

Marley- you probably were percribed Provera (5-10 pills to take then your period started about a week later?) a common remidy for missing periods in an otherwize normal woman.

If your periods are normaly irrgular you should be checked out for PCOS -a suprizing common condition now that can cause missed periods, and raises your risk for heart disease and diabetes. look at webmd's info on it to see if you may fit the profile.

Byroney_WebMD_Staff responded:
Here'a reply I just posted to another member on why you can Miss Your Period , other than being pregnant. It has a link to an article that shows over a dozen reasons for it.

Hope that helps,

Byroney

brandi_101 responded:
im having the same problem but i have not had sex and im not on the pill and im only 15.

marleychick09 replied to brandi_101's response:
You might have an irregular period. It actually helps if you're on birth control because it helps regulate your cycle. Make sure you ask your parents first though because your a little young. Also ask the doctor to look further into your missed period just to be sure that irregularity is all it is.

Helpful Tips

Tips
Doing yoga, (especially fetal position) always works for me as well as deep breathing, at least for a minute. More
Was this Helpful?
0 of 0 found this helpful

Expert Blog

Below the Belt: Women's Health - Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, RNP

From HPV to irregular periods to PMS to fibroids, Jane Harrison-Hohner, RN, is here to share her knowledge and insight...Read More

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.